Player Discussion Vitali Kravtsov - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Are there any rules if he does return? Does he have to pass through waivers or something?

Coffee

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
He looks way more engaged this year , but his line-mate is also playing like a young Martin St Louis right now (who also happens to be a year younger and undrafted )

Reactions: Lindgren

im gangster

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
@EdJovanovski

freaks-one-of-us.gif

Coffee

Nov 12, 2021
He's not Alexander Semin, but he sure is making a case right about now

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I'm cheering for Kravtsov, as I do for any player with a remote chance to contribute somehow to the organization. The big downer for me is not how he played when he was here and not his KHL production, but the mere fact that he left.

The AHL team is just down the street. If he really wanted that NHL career and really believed in himself, he would have taken the trip to Abby with the goal of showing the organization that he was a big-leaguer by the middle of the current season. He didn't. He doesn't believe. I'd be shocked if he comes back.

It reminds me very, very vaguely of when Jonathan Dahlen chose to stay in the Allsvenskan another season rather than moving up the SHL. Sure, it showed loyalty to his club, but in the moment it felt like I knew ... yeah, this guy isn't going to make it.

Coffee

Nov 12, 2021
… and he’s being significantly outscored by his undrafted linemate who is a year younger.
That's not really taking anything away from Kravstov at all, Shabanov is playing like Martin St Louis right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad