OT: Visiting Calgary (General City / Area Discussion)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Will be in Calgary Oct. 22nd. Recs on sites where to buy tics, and what sections to avoid view wise. sitting in. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Any1 use Gametime for tics before? Or should I stick to TM or StubHub?

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Will be in Calgary Oct. 22nd. Recs on sites where to buy tics, and what sections to avoid view wise. sitting in. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Any1 use Gametime for tics before? Or should I stick to TM or StubHub?

No idea on game time. I believe TM and StubHub are pretty safe as far as options go but it costs a little more for that peace of mind.

Sections to avoid, I'm not sure I can think of one. If you want a view, then obviously it's the nosebleeds to avoid. But we got a new jumbotron, so that might help. The 200s should still be very good value IIRC.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
No idea on game time. I believe TM and StubHub are pretty safe as far as options go but it costs a little more for that peace of mind.

Sections to avoid, I'm not sure I can think of one. If you want a view, then obviously it's the nosebleeds to avoid. But we got a new jumbotron, so that might help. The 200s should still be very good value IIRC.
TY. Definitely looking st first few levels. If your in town once or twice a year fir a coupke days may as well get a good seat when they are in town ;)
Trying to get to all the Canadian venues in next 18 months when work allows

Figgy44

Dec 15, 2014
TY. Definitely looking st first few levels. If your in town once or twice a year fir a coupke days may as well get a good seat when they are in town ;)
Trying to get to all the Canadian venues in next 18 months when work allows

If you value atmosphere, I think the 200s and nosebleeds have more of that than the lowest level of the lower bowl. But the view of the game is very similar to what you see on TV, so it's not unique.

Lower bowl is great if you want a different experience than the TV one such as the speeds, the sounds, the chirping etc. I've sat in a few different angles and I personally kinda like the sides rather than the ends. But some of what you see at the ends are super unique like how terrifying an NHL shot from the point can be or how ridiculous certain goals look like from behind the net. You can also feel the heat from the flame thingy when a goal is scored.

I personally don't recommend the bottom 2 rows as the view of the play can get a little obstructed naturally by the boards, but those seats get you get great views of players in return if that's your preference. :) You also might have a bunch of friends sending you messages saying they see you on TV. I also don't really prefer the corners because of the occasional refractions from the curved glass, but it's not horrible and unviewable. You just may just need to change your sitting position a few inches here and there depending where the play is on the ice.

I hope you have fun! :)

Reactions: rve24

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
If you value atmosphere, I think the 200s and nosebleeds have more of that than the lowest level of the lower bowl. But the view of the game is very similar to what you see on TV, so it's not unique.

Lower bowl is great if you want a different experience than the TV one such as the speeds, the sounds, the chirping etc. I've sat in a few different angles and I personally kinda like the sides rather than the ends. But some of what you see at the ends are super unique like how terrifying an NHL shot from the point can be or how ridiculous certain goals look like from behind the net. You can also feel the heat from the flame thingy when a goal is scored.

I personally don't recommend the bottom 2 rows as the view of the play can get a little obstructed naturally by the boards, but those seats get you get great views of players in return if that's your preference. :) You also might have a bunch of friends sending you messages saying they see you on TV. I also don't really prefer the corners because of the occasional refractions from the curved glass, but it's not horrible and unviewable. You just may just need to change your sitting position a few inches here and there depending where the play is on the ice.

I hope you have fun! :)
TY again. I too have my fav spots to watch a game. Have had London Knights seasons for 25 years n it's a mini nhl rink @9k) Few visits to TO (boooo) and Montreal also (my team)
Awesome n thanks for the response.
Also looking at stopping by WHL rinks as work quarterly has me stop in one of Peg, Brandon, Van, Edm, Cal

Reactions: Figgy44

Figgy44

Dec 15, 2014
TY again. I too have my fav spots to watch a game. Have had London Knights seasons for 25 years n it's a mini nhl rink @9k) Few visits to TO (boooo) and Montreal also (my team)
Awesome n thanks for the response.
Also looking at stopping by WHL rinks as work quarterly has me stop in one of Peg, Brandon, Van, Edm, Cal

Lucky for you, the Flames, Wranglers and Hitmen play out of the dome. With one visit, you'll see the rink for all 3 teams. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad