Viktor Fasth New Bane Duck Mask

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
To be honest, I just don't see anything in there, at all. But then again I'm also not into the Dark Knight stuff anyways...

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
What I find interesting is that the paint scheme extends to the cage. For both masks. I'm not sure I've seen that before in the NHL.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
First Bryz with a Star Wars mask, then Fasth with a "Batman" mask. This is awesome.

As a giant Batman geek, I'd still have preferred him use Bane's traditional luchador mask.

Oh, and, "Perhaps I'm wondering why you would shoot a puck, before crossing the blue line."

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
First Bryz with a Star Wars mask, then Fasth with a "Batman" mask. This is awesome.

As a giant Batman geek, I'd still have preferred him use Bane's traditional luchador mask.

Oh, and, "Perhaps I'm wondering why you would shoot a puck, before crossing the blue line."

Part of me agrees, but this Bane mask is probably more recognizable given the recent movie and the Duck from Hell wouldn't be as prominent in the luchador mask. Even if you put in some tears, it would probably end up being mostly mask.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
What I find interesting is that the paint scheme extends to the cage. For both masks. I'm not sure I've seen that before in the NHL.

Yup, that stood out to me, as well. Not a big fan of the Batman movies / stories, but I think it's neatly done.

Also, it's quite interesting to see how little Fasth seems to care about the usual superstitions. He changed his entire gear already while on a great run, and now follows up with a mask quickly. I don't think many goalies would have dared to take off the stuff in that situation. :laugh:

(Optimically, I liked the old gear a lot better, and I could really use new pads and a glove, as mine keep falling apart. So Viktor, how about shipping it out East? Please? ;) )

Leizi

Jan 13, 2011
Finland
Ugh... Bane is nowhere to be seen on that mask :squint:

Oh, you think duckness is your ally. But you merely adopted the duck; I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a duck, by then it was nothing to me but DUCKLING!.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

Huh? As I said, I don't know much about the movie, but I recognize the Bane thingy that goes across it. Granted, it's a bit of a questionable choice for the design, because the biggest part of Bane's mask is cut out due to the cage, but I don't think it's too hard to see it. :)

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California

Oh, you think duckness is your ally. But you merely adopted the duck; I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a duck, by then it was nothing to me but DUCKLING!.
You win.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
I have 2 figures standing beside my tv, one is Jason Voorhees and another one is The Bride (Kill Bill) and I'm planning to buy Bane... I don't see much Bane in that mask imho... looks ok though... liked Hiller's more.

yadui

Mar 11, 2013
Shanghai, PRC
Cool colors and style, other thant that I do not know what to make of it. Beats Hiller's masks though which I do not get.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The mask is a duck head with bane's mask on it. The big red orbs lined with pink are the eyes, the orange is the bill, ect. Pretty awesome.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I actually think hiller has the coolest mask in the league.

Its all personal preference tho.

Realize

Take a second look :

Bane_TDKR3.jpg

Viktor-Fasth-Mr-Bane-Duck-Mask-RightChin.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad