OT: Video Games

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Theyre also remaking WC3 and I can't wait anymore.
Same. SC2 is better than ever but I need a new RTS and everyone that still plays WC3 is so good. The learning curve is massive even for me and I'm in master SC. Remsatered should bring in the noobs. I'm excited.

Reactions: Censored Toad

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Me and @ChikN played alot, we we’re top 0.30% in duo ffp!
Yeah Im far from that level. I won like 6 times solo tpp since May lol. Im enjoying the custom matches lately, 10 man squads make for some great battles sometimes.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Yeah Im far from that level. I won like 6 times solo tpp since May lol. Im enjoying the custom matches lately, 10 man squads make for some great battles sometimes.

it's a fun game all in all. but i'm not a fan of the movement. choppyness of the game etc.

If this game was smooth and had better movement it would probably be my main game.

Reactions: Toene

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
I still love Command and Conquer Red Alert, and I just heard they are remaking it, but still in the mold of the original! I just put cream cheese on my toast after reading that!

That was basically the game that turned me into a full blown nerd. I still played lots of sports but I wanted to play that game 24/7

Reactions: Habs

Censored Toad

Aug 8, 2016
I don't get people who play shooters on consoles.

Maybe I'm too old school, but when I want to play a FPS shooter, I log on to steam and play on my PC. Keyboard & mouse are a lot better too, more precise, although some console games, you can use both.

There's not enough filtering and PING grouping in the server management on consoles and it makes for a **** show in deathmatches.

True that, I used to play battlefield 2 and such and then switch to halo 2 for console and was like "WTF can't aim at all" vs pc you could be much more precise.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
If anyone is into racing games, I highly recommend checking out Wreckfest. It's a folk racing/ demo derby/ rally cross title with some incredible physics. It features the absolute best soft body physics with the car damage being unlike anything else out there. The crashes are really incredible. The cars handle very realistically and it borders on full on simulator. Force feedback with the wheel is some of the best I've ever see..

Ive had it for a while now and still play it. Most fun I've ever had with a racing game and maybe most fun I've had with any game. Even losing is fun. Ripping around a figure 8 track and getting tboned by a school bus in the middle with my car becoming nothing more than a compacted cube of steel , I just can't help but laugh. And nothing beats a good close race to the finish with everyone trying to jostle for position just for a huge crash to occur near the end. Just don't get mad if you get pitted or driven into a wall. This game and community encourage dirty tactics. Seriously fantastic game.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I don't get people who play shooters on consoles.

Maybe I'm too old school, but when I want to play a FPS shooter, I log on to steam and play on my PC. Keyboard & mouse are a lot better too, more precise, although some console games, you can use both.

There's not enough filtering and PING grouping in the server management on consoles and it makes for a **** show in deathmatches.

People play shooters on consoles because it's more "mainstream"/social than to play on PC. They probably don't know what it feels like to play on PC and how much more smooth it is. Console FPS is more casual and simple, you literally plug and play. Playing on PC is more tricky. You need to buy the thing, have it be good enough to run new games, etc. Besides, these casual gamers would get rekt on PC.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Yep, like it too! A lot more skill based but maps are meh IMO.

Also just finished RD2, what a beauty it was!

I feel it better captures the war feel than even BF one did. You dont have a bunch of scouts staying behind sniping away and squads are hugely important. There are some skirmishes that legit reminded me of band of brothers and saving private ryan.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I feel it better captures the war feel than even BF one did. You dont have a bunch of scouts staying behind sniping away and squads are hugely important. There are some skirmishes that legit reminded me of band of brothers and saving private ryan.
It looks really good. Remember people were complaining cause their was a woman with a metal arm in the trailer for a WW2 game but personally, I like altered history.

Still can't beat BF2 or Bad company 2. Those were masterpieces even if all the sights on the guns in BF2 were way off and everyone dove like Marchand

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
People play shooters on consoles because it's more "mainstream"/social than to play on PC. They probably don't know what it feels like to play on PC and how much more smooth it is. Console FPS is more casual and simple, you literally plug and play. Playing on PC is more tricky. You need to buy the thing, have it be good enough to run new games, etc. Besides, these casual gamers would get rekt on PC.

That's why Steam brought in-the-box solutions with the Steam Engines, preconstructed PCs made for gaming, starting at 500$, will be as good as a PS4 pro.

I think Ive bought my last console with my PS4. Just tired of losing licenses because they don't allow for backward comptability of previous consoles and have the gull to re-sell the same games on the new console.

At least with Steam, I still have access to my licences of 20 years ago. I can play CS or PUBG and not be boggled down by friggin mexicans with a bad connection.

Censored Toad

Aug 8, 2016
It looks really good. Remember people were complaining cause their was a woman with a metal arm in the trailer for a WW2 game but personally, I like altered history.

Still can't beat BF2 or Bad company 2. Those were masterpieces even if all the sights on the guns in BF2 were way off and everyone dove like Marchand

Lol I remember that diving ... I hated the Support Class with the big guns and infinte nades on infantry only mode on strike at karkland.... just filthy nade spammers.....

Personally I always enjoyed the c4 on the car , drive it and leave it... wait for sum nubcake to climb in... so many silly things to do.

great game, so much fun..

Reactions: DangerDave

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Yep, like it too! A lot more skill based but maps are meh IMO.

Also just finished RD2, what a beauty it was!

You loved being taken by the hand like a little kid?

Rockstar's mission schemes suck. They really need to get away from linear play when on missions. Ever since RDR, they've been obsessed in believing they are Hollywood worthy script writers and force you to go through a weak storyline while having zero options in the mission themselves. Even worst in GTAV, you were always stuck having to use a predesignated car in almost every mission. They've completely killed the liberty we used to have in their games.

They have a lot to learn from games like Hitman who also tried to go into movie mode with Absolution and reverted back when they heard their fanbase ask to return to how it used to be. R* just doesnt give a **** about its fans. Their storytelling sucks massively. Their mission schemes too.

Reactions: DangerDave

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Anyone play NHL19 here ? How's the game ? Much better than NHL18 ?

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

Rockstar's mission schemes suck. They really need to get away from linear play when on missions. Ever since RDR, they've been obsessed in believing they are Hollywood worthy script writers and force you to go through a weak storyline while having zero options in the mission themselves. Even worst in GTAV, you were always stuck having to use a predesignated car in almost every mission. They've completely killed the liberty we used to have in their games.

They have a lot to learn from games like Hitman who also tried to go into movie mode with Absolution and reverted back when they heard their fanbase ask to return to how it used to be. R* just doesnt give a **** about its fans. Their storytelling sucks massively. Their mission schemes too.
Never cared much for rockstar games either. Maybe it's because I grew up with the SNES and PS1 but if a game doesn't challenge me, I don't enjoy it. Best thing about gaming for me is climbing that hill if you know what I mean.

Rockstar Games, as good as the production is, never really push the boundaries of gameplay. They focus too much on the open world aspect. Open world is fine but make it interesting like Dark souls, borderlands, MGS or Witcher

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

lold rdr2 is a gem

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Decided to buy BF V and I dont regret it one bit. Its a really good title.

Welcome to the Battlefield LOL.

The game is a ton of fun especially after you put in a few hours and get used to the maps and unlock more guns and gadgets.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Haven't played, but I'm almost 100% certain there hasn't been a major change since 2010.

LOL. 2010 may have been the last NHL I played.

They really need to give the game a boost. Its been the same since the PS3.

Sucks that we are stuck with one NHL game, I remember back in the old days there were multiple hockey games. How about an oldie like Wayne Gretzky's 3D hockey on the SNES LOL.

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
Anyone play NHL19 here ? How's the game ? Much better than NHL18 ?
I've enjoyed it, it's very similar to 18 (of course). I mainly play online with my roommates, 2-3 controllers going against 2-3 on the other team is usually pretty fun IMO. Ones game mode is fun for a bit but I never really got into it, and HUT is the same ol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad