OT: Video Games IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
See, I can't play regularly online, because more often than not, people to to beat you with exploits/glitches, rather than playing as intended. I get too pissed off.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
If you do play Be a GM on XB1/PS4, I recommend waiting for the ability to edit players. At the moment Jay Beagle is literally better than and has a higher ceiling than Jakub Vrana (Beagle's potential is "Exact" Top 6 Forward :)biglaugh:), while Vrana is "Low" potential of becoming a Top 6 AHL forward... Meanwhile Nathan Walker is "Medium" potential of becoming a Top 6 AHL forward).

rumschlag182

Jun 3, 2012
Indiana
Has anyone who is playing NHL 15 HUT on Xbox One found a Kuznetsov card? I think they may have left him out in the HUT part of the game. I haven't seen him once. Just curious if anyone else has seen one.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Kuznetsov is rated 82 but has "Low" potential to become a Top 6 forward, and Johansson is for some reason a RW.

Yeah, not sure why Kuzya is "low end". I could be okay with a higher rating and being a medium top 6 type guy, but that's weird.

To be fair, their protential ratings are all random as well. Its why I'm so bugged I can't edit players. :/

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Has anyone who is playing NHL 15 HUT on Xbox One found a Kuznetsov card? I think they may have left him out in the HUT part of the game. I haven't seen him once. Just curious if anyone else has seen one.

I have yet to see him either. Overall I regret buying this game over Destiny. It's not fun to play NHL anymore. EA is totally killing the game. If it wasn't for the fact that I bought the Ultimate edition (one where you get free gold packs every week for HUT), this game would have been returned for Destiny

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Any early returns on Destiny?

Reviews seem to be mediocre, and largely based on elevated expectations.

I enjoy it a ton. Already put 50 hours into the game.

I haven't really read the reviews, but I've heard the gripes. Most of them are valid, and there are a lot of flaws in the game (the plot sucks, the story is short, a lot of things are in the companion app that really should be in the game proper, theres a fair bit of grind). Ultimately though, the game is a boatload of fun. If you're serious about games like Diablo or other loot-based RPGs where the action really only starts after you reach max level, it's up your alley.

I haven't done the raid yet (should be doing it this weekend), but everyone has said largely positive things about it.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I enjoy it a ton. Already put 50 hours into the game.

I haven't really read the reviews, but I've heard the gripes. Most of them are valid, and there are a lot of flaws in the game (the plot sucks, the story is short, a lot of things are in the companion app that really should be in the game proper, theres a fair bit of grind). Ultimately though, the game is a boatload of fun. If you're serious about games like Diablo or other loot-based RPGs where the action really only starts after you reach max level, it's up your alley.

I haven't done the raid yet (should be doing it this weekend), but everyone has said largely positive things about it.
Much appreciated.

Sounds about in line with what I figured. Will most likely be my first purchase after the end of fiscal year grind.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Any early returns on Destiny?

Reviews seem to be mediocre, and largely based on elevated expectations.

Destiny has good gameplay and graphics and in general does almost everything well, but it does nothing great or better than anyone. this game doesnt really feel like anything new or innovative, but if you are into shooters or borderlands (brain fart, forgot genre name) it should satisfy you. the downsides are a very short story (and i did a ton of side stuff too), mediocre story, and repuitative missions. with two DLC packs already announced i have a feeling they trimmed the game game purposley like most big games infortuantly do now.

overall its a 7.5-8.0 like a lot of reviews are saying. if the game was longer it could be an 8.5 or so, i think they shot themselves in the foot there.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Really tempted to get Wasteland 2.

Tough, but awesome. Its definitely an old school cRPG. You really have to think carefully when creating your initial party. Nothing worse than getting a few hours into it only to realize your party is lacking certain skills, which makes things even harder. You can recruit others into your party to makeup some of the short comings, but you really should try to balance out your initial 4 characters

itsjustsurvival

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2006
richmond, virginia.
Tough, but awesome. Its definitely an old school cRPG. You really have to think carefully when creating your initial party. Nothing worse than getting a few hours into it only to realize your party is lacking certain skills, which makes things even harder. You can recruit others into your party to makeup some of the short comings, but you really should try to balance out your initial 4 characters

Thanks! I really have liked everything I've read about it so far. Just decided to get it. Gonna give it a go.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Wasteland 2 = teh happiness if you ever played Fallout 1 or 2 or any Infinity engine games and liked them. Lots of in-jokes for old-school crpg fans.

Yeah,[spoil] there's a water chip ester egg. Think it was a random loot drop. Not sure if its still there, but in the beta you could find the landfill with the ET cartridges[/spoil]

Edit: Huge collection of Custom Portraits: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.781722505188171.1073741836.349361458424280&type=3

Where to put them: C:\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Wasteland2\Custom Portraits

Last edited:

itsjustsurvival

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2006
richmond, virginia.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
DA:I Character Creation, beware the beards

Beard choices were pretty lame it seemed on first viewing.

The below is always my go to cheat card when it comes to beards.

trustworthiness_of_beards.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad