OT: Video Game Thread Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Pre-ordered NHL25, I'm sure it isn't the same as it was last year :laugh:, fml.
They've hardly marketed the game so I'm expecting just a roster update compared to 24.

@FLYguy3911 I can’t tell if I hate the game or I just hate how my players feel. :laugh:

It’s as if every pass is delayed and “loose”, while players feel like they’re 300lbs and sliding on ice.
Yeah, I don't have a firm opinion. I think a lot of how you feel depends on your perspective of gold cards. They suck in comparison to the 99s people were using two weeks ago lol. Especially for me because I'm not buying anyone yet and I don't have chem styles aside from a few guys. I'm using Bernardo and Bruno in the midfield. The ultimate fodder cards. :laugh:

Passing is definitely weird. I like that you have to actually have the ball settled and facing your target, but I fear once people figure out pressure tactics it's going to be hell getting out of your own half. It could just be my settings but a lot of times my pass will go to a secondary target in the same direction.

I do like how the midfield is actually open this year. I'm sure some of that is people not figuring out the sweaty tactics yet and it's probably too wide open, but it's nice change for now. Seems harder to cross the ball from sideline to sideline too but could just be gold player tax.

The L1+Sprint speed boost needs to be nerfed (Mbappe looks like cartoon character lol), but after that I don't know how you are going to sprint by people people. Stepovers are terrible this year. I don't think pace is all that important in the early game (KDB tore me up), we'll see how that holds up.

I hear 5 back is the way to go this year again. :laugh:

Did you end up getting the 15 wins in Rivals? I didn't start playing until Tuesday night and it was hell. Just bailed after the 15 point reward.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
They've hardly marketed the game so I'm expecting just a roster update compared to 24.

Yeah, I don't have a firm opinion. I think a lot of how you feel depends on your perspective of gold cards. They suck in comparison to the 99s people were using two weeks ago lol. Especially for me because I'm not buying anyone yet and I don't have chem styles aside from a few guys. I'm using Bernardo and Bruno in the midfield. The ultimate fodder cards. :laugh:

Passing is definitely weird. I like that you have to actually have the ball settled and facing your target, but I fear once people figure out pressure tactics it's going to be hell getting out of your own half. It could just be my settings but a lot of times my pass will go to a secondary target in the same direction.

I do like how the midfield is actually open this year. I'm sure some of that is people not figuring out the sweaty tactics yet and it's probably too wide open, but it's nice change for now. Seems harder to cross the ball from sideline to sideline too but could just be gold player tax.

The L1+Sprint speed boost needs to be nerfed (Mbappe looks like cartoon character lol), but after that I don't know how you are going to sprint by people people. Stepovers are terrible this year. I don't think pace is all that important in the early game (KDB tore me up), we'll see how that holds up.

I hear 5 back is the way to go this year again. :laugh:

Did you end up getting the 15 wins in Rivals? I didn't start playing until Tuesday night and it was hell. Just bailed after the 15 point reward.
Yeah, I did the same. Got 17 points a few hours before the deadline. Obviously got nothing from rewards.

What formation are you using? I see a lot of 4-4-2 but I can’t stand it. Felt like nobody was ever open or in position to make a run. Trying 4-1-2-1-2 (2) right now… it’s better but still feels weird. I miss being able to just build a team in whatever setup and then change to the good formation in-game. :laugh:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah, I did the same. Got 17 points a few hours before the deadline. Obviously got nothing from rewards.
I'm waiting until tomorrow's promo to be disappointed.

What formation are you using? I see a lot of 4-4-2 but I can’t stand it. Felt like nobody was ever open or in position to make a run. Trying 4-1-2-1-2 (2) right now… it’s better but still feels weird. I miss being able to just build a team in whatever setup and then change to the good formation in-game. :laugh:
I was running the 4-1-2-1-2 (2) too last night lol. I have no wingers so it at least let's me have an attacking midfield and I just put everyone in their (+) role until I figure out if they matter or not (I have to put at least one fullback on stay back or else it's a two man back line).

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm waiting until tomorrow's promo to be disappointed.

I was running the 4-1-2-1-2 (2) too last night lol. I have no wingers so it at least let's me have an attacking midfield and I just put everyone in their (+) role until I figure out if they matter or not (I have to put at least one fullback on stay back or else it's a two man back line).
Yeah, the +s are a mystery to me too.

Not sure if you’ve tried Rush yet but there’s exactly two types of teammates: AFK or virtually braindead.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad