OT: Video Game Thread: Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Hm. Hmmmmm. I guess my to-do thing for the following days is the first Test Drive Unlimited. I have always adored that game

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Sony to reveal new PlayStation 5 details on March 18

Finally, this Wednesday. Full details on

PLAYSTATION 5.

I can't wait to pre order this.

I personally opened up my 6th credit card, it has a 2k limit. I barely use it. I think ill buy like 6 bucks just to keep it open. The sole purpose, to put the playstation 5 on the credit card. I don't know how much down I'll need or just pay in full. Then again will they have enough on opening day. Even people who pre order sometimes have to wait.

Reactions: SolidSnakeUS

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

PLAYSTATION 5.

I personally opened up my 6th credit card, it has a 2k limit. I barely use it. I think ill buy like 6 bucks just to keep it open. The sole purpose, to put the playstation 5 on the credit card. I don't know how much down I'll need or just pay in full. Then again will they have enough on opening day. Even people who pre order sometimes have to wait.

Definitely getting this on pre-order as well. Honestly, if they have a special edition at launch, I'm f***ing getting it!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Due to Amazon ceasing all shipment of non-essential items, anyone that pre-ordered FF7 Remake from Amazon will not be receiving it on the April 10th release date.

f***ing coronavirus.

I'm probably going to wait until the week of, cancel the pre-order with Amazon, and try to pick it up from one of the big box stores like Best Buy or Target since they are likely to remain open for the forseeable future. I could always download it but I want a physical copy not a digital.

Reactions: Defect

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

So two completely different approaches here. MS is going with a fixed approach to clocks while Sony is allowing variability, but it's not temperature-based. The MS box will be more powerful in a raw sense, but given that they're using proprietary external SSDs, storage expansion will probably be a nightmare. Will there be adapters for NVMe drives or something? Weirdly, Sony is using proprietary internal SSDs and NVMe for external, which is the complete opposite of MS.

Sony also went with PCIE 4.0. More expensive for sure, but I'm going to guess it makes the end result way closer than it looks just staring at specs. Then again, they actually have to leverage it well for it to matter. Have to wait and see.

What’s this mean in non geek?

Buy the one that has the exclusives that interest you. The games are made for the hardware. Performance probably won't be terribly different in practice, but wait to see to be sure.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Buy the one that has the exclusives that interest you. The games are made for the hardware. Performance probably won't be terribly different in practice, but wait to see to be sure.

that's the big part that so many seem to be missing

Reactions: Defect

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Cool, cool. Can't play EA games this entire weekend now. My player name is Steamy Ray Vaughn and has been that for years on EASHL. Really offensive, right?

DT79T0n.png

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Doesn’t matter. Internet’s going to crash anyway.

Speaking of which, remember when the PS3 servers got hacked about ten years ago and they shutdown everything for about a month. What a time that was.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
My player name is Steamy Ray Vaughn

So, it's just your player name, not your account name......I didn't even know this was a thing being tracked. If it gets past the censor, I just assumed it was kosher and not reportable.

Of all the awful awwwwwwful shit I see playing NHL, that totally innocuous South Park name did it? Bless your heart, EA.

Reactions: Chinatown88

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So, it's just your player name, not your account name......I didn't even know this was a thing being tracked. If it gets past the censor, I just assumed it was kosher and not reportable.

Of all the awful awwwwwwful shit I see playing NHL, that totally innocuous South Park name did it? Bless your heart, EA.

Yep, i'm at a loss of words right now. I filed my complaint though that I was suspended wrongly. They'll get back to me...in 72 hours.

I don't even know how one would report something like that. But god i've seen some downright horrific shit as people's names on there and somehow they skate freely.

This week just keeps finding new ways to get worse and worse.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

PLAYSTATION 5.

I feel like you have opened a new credit card every time you talk about PS5 :laugh:

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I feel like you have opened a new credit card every time you talk about PS5 :laugh:

Overall, I have 6.

All current, all ontime.

Most importantly,

Utilization on all 7%

Example, 1k limit I spend 70 tops.

500 limit, 35 spend.

Secret to higher credit score. Keep utilization below 10, I recommend 7.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I got the Witcher for the switch and have to wait for both the system and the game to update...
as I’m waiting look through the App Store and see FF7 through a FFX/X-2 package on sale.
I wasn’t planning on buying 4 more games this week but you know. They’re like 50% off man. Any reason not to get them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad