Confirmed with Link: Victor Brattstrom re-signs for 1 year

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
I thought this was the end of the road for him in North America to be honest. Most Euros want nothing to do with ECHL.

Maybe they have bigger plans than we thought for the new Finnish guy from the KHL?

Or with the KHL folding, Brattsrom figured it would be difficult to get a job in SHL?

Last edited:

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Brattström isn't signing to play in Toledo, and I don't see Cossa, Brattström and Olkinuora all spending most of the season in GR. So I guess either Olkinuora is supposed to be Ned's backup or Cossa won't be in GR.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Brattström isn't signing to play in Toledo, and I don't see Cossa, Brattström and Olkinuora all spending most of the season in GR. So I guess either Olkinuora is supposed to be Ned's backup or Cossa won't be in GR.
When was the last time a top 15 pick in the draft played an overage season in junior hockey ?

Cossa should be in GR IMO.

Last edited:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
See him as 4th goalie.

1.Ned
2.Olkinuora
-----
3.Cossa
4.Bratts

Highly unlikely Olkinuora is the backup in Detroit. Just can't see Steve going with an unproven commodity in NA as the backup to Ned, who needs at least someone decent to spell him.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Highly unlikely Olkinuora is the backup in Detroit. Just can't see Steve going with an unproven commodity in NA as the backup to Ned, who needs at least someone decent to spell him.

I'll keep that unlikely too, but it seems this is now the plan B built, if no other UFA will join.

You have the base, but of course it could be better. If the 5th guy comes, then one will be drop to ECHL.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I'll keep that unlikely too, but it seems this is now the plan B built, if no other UFA will join.

You have the base, but of course it could be better.

I am kind of hoping for Holtby. He will be relatively cheap and short term and give enough nights off for Alex. I still think Alex can be a 50-65 guy, but he needs someone who can give him a break more often. Greiss was absymal this year which forced a brand new young starter into way more games then he should have played. Staying with any unproven NHL guy is asking the load to be squarely on Alex again, which I think is a bad decision, and I can't see Steve doing that, especially with how much he talked about bad defence in the season end presser and goaltending is a huge part of that.

Why? He is not very good...

Me honest guess is they like him for the AHL. Maybe he is a good teammate for the starter, not sure. I highly doubt they gave him a new deal with thoughts he will see even 1 minute of action in the NHL. That said, lots of goalies have put up bad AHL numbers and put up much better NHL numbers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad