Vibe check

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How do you feel right now: better or worse than after losing Game 3 ECF?

• Better

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Worse

Votes: 31 67.4%
  • Same

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Panteras

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 14, 2009
It’s only 3-0 who cares
As depressed as I may feel right now, it’s not over till it’s over. And I mean that from both ends. People feel like we had this in the bag, well we still need one. People may think Edmonton has this in the bag now, well they still need not just one more game on top of the two they already won but they would still need to win a 4th straight game back in Florida.

I always said I don’t care how long it takes or where it’s at, as long as they win in the end that’s all that matters. It’s just nerve wracking until it’s over especially since it’s so drawn out with the travel schedule. The longer it goes the worse the anxiety gets. We’ll just have to see how it all plays out.
Pretty much this. But it think it hits us fans the hardest that have been with this team for 20-30 years and we are 1 win away and now we’re shitting bricks. Panic creeps in and the mere thought of chocking this away legit makes one sick and enough to take a break, like legit…It’s crazy, even though we’re still up 3-2 our confidence is way down.
But hope is the last thing we should lose. Now our backs are against the wall as well to finish this off. We need to treat every shift like a game 7 OT.

What’s upsetting is how we’ve completely broken down these past 2 games. McDavid waking up is fine he’s the goat right now, but ton of goals are coming from their depth…we can’t even contain players that might not even crack our third line…it’s embarrassing.

But I hope they are pissed af and have the true will of champions to grab the bull by the horn and say enough is enough we’re not letting this slip away. Otherwise, we don’t deserve to win.

I knew it would be a closer series then most were giving credit to. With that said, I don't have a shadow of a doubt in my mind the Panthers win Game 6 in Edmonton.
Man stop saying things like that….so much spicy talk from different fans since game 3…jinxing ourselves…be humble guys.

Reactions: Vilam

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Its not about being humble or not. It just the way the series is setting up. I said it before Game 5 even started.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I have no idea how to predict what happens next. Game 5, I was positive would be a win for us.

I think anything is possible at this point. Everything from losing games 6 and 7 to winning game 6 or losing game 6 and winning game 7 - I think it's all on the table.

But I'm going to offer these words to hopefully give people some perspective: Making the Stanley Cup Final twice in a row is vastly superior to the days where this team couldn't even make the playoffs.

Some of you might not agree, but this is where I'm at right now. Even if we do get reverse swept and everyone laughs at us:

I'd rather be the team that got close to glory, but failed - rather than the team that failed to come close at all.

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
All you guys saying "we might" lose this series need to get a grip... Its like you just started watching hockey two months ago. There hasn't been a sweep in how many years? We are playing the best player in the world, they could have taken Game 1. We will still win game 6 handedly. Enough with the doom and gloom nonsense.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Has anyone noticed Paul’s interviews keep getting shorter ?

He wasn't his usual self in the last press conference.

That game 5 loss was the most devastating of the Bill Zito era. Coach Maurice said yesterday that his team is not deflated, but I don't believe him. These are still people with emotions and I can almost guarantee they are probably deflated and feeling like shit today.

We lost our swagger after game 4 and we're going to lose this series if we don't find a way to get it back.

Reactions: Vilam and Panteras

5 Hole

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
I do feel like they woke up in the 3rd period a bit.. The last 2 games have been night & day from the first 3 for me. I think it's 50/50 now on getting the cup.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
He wasn't his usual self in the last press conference.

That game 5 loss was the most devastating of the Bill Zito era. Coach Maurice said yesterday that his team is not deflated, but I don't believe him. These are still people with emotions and I can almost guarantee they are probably deflated and feeling like shit today.

We lost our swagger after game 4 and we're going to lose this series if we don't find a way to get it back.
How does that translate to the players ? We’ve lost our will and fight and looks like he has led the charge. GET BACK TO FRIGGIN PANTHERS HOCKEY ALREADY CUP OR NO CUP.

Reactions: Vilam

behemolari

worst collapse in nhl history
Dec 1, 2011
I must say there is absolutely no way this franchise can keep on if they lose this way! they will be mocked after 80 years and beyond that. There is nothing they could more and they will never be in this position without reminded, its must win or erase whole thing.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I must say there is absolutely no way this franchise can keep on if they lose this way! they will be mocked after 80 years and beyond that. There is nothing they could more and they will never be in this position without reminded, its must win or erase whole thing.

can we pump the breaks a little? Getting reverse swept is embarrassing, sure, but go tell Buffalo Sabres fans if they'd rather trade places with us and they'd say yes every time. Being a dumpster team missing the playoffs every year is significantly worse than coming close and failing.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Serious question. Does anyone feel like we can win this? All logic says yes but the feeling inside says ....
Anyone can win it. We almost won it last night, should have. Oilers were barely hanging on. They blew us out in game 4. It's a very even series. It sucks because we had a 3-0 lead, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if we win next game. There's a team at the other end too.

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida
My mindset was that is they were going to win last night Matty needed to come out and be a pest. He wasn't that presence till we started the comeback. We need to be super physical, It was nice to see them almost come back. However it is getting pretty OLD. IF they come out in EDM timid and scared they will lose. Barkov, has trailed off since getting hit. I honestly think both games they just thought they would win and be raising the CUP. MONTY was beyond AWFUL. TBH this is the first time in the series its really pressure on the cats, lets see if they are diamonds or coal.

30 years is a long time, a lot of disappointing years. I hope they come out steaming.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
My mindset was that is they were going to win last night Matty needed to come out and be a pest. He wasn't that presence till we started the comeback. We need to be super physical, It was nice to see them almost come back. However it is getting pretty OLD. IF they come out in EDM timid and scared they will lose. Barkov, has trailed off since getting hit. I honestly think both games they just thought they would win and be raising the CUP. MONTY was beyond AWFUL. TBH this is the first time in the series its really pressure on the cats, lets see if they are diamonds or coal.

30 years is a long time, a lot of disappointing years. I hope they come out steaming.
No, Barky had a monster game 3.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012

With a 3-0 series lead they really didn’t have pressure on them, even up 3-1 in the series and back home not a ton of pressure. Once they went down and it was evident they were about to lose again then they finally turned it up. I thought game 4 would’ve been the wake up call but I think they finally got the message last night. I expect them to play completely different as a collective on Friday. We usually play better when we’re desperate and now the heat’s been turned up enough where I think they’re starting to finally feel it so we’ll see what happens. Obviously the pressures on Edmonton too but I think it’s a little different

Reactions: Vilam and Panteras

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Chucky said it himself yesterday. Was asked if we feel pressure now and he said no, because this wasn’t an elimination game for us. Shades of Huby comments.

IMG_1004.jpeg

Reactions: batting1k
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad