Vibe check

How do you feel right now: better or worse than after losing Game 3 ECF?

• Better

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Worse

Votes: 31 67.4%
  • Same

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
excited ralph wiggum GIF

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Over 20 years of misery to finally be relevant, with high chances we are the most embarassing losers in the last 80 years? This team knows how to toy with your heart.

It doesn't matter to me any more. I put too much energy and time into this team over the last 25 years. If they win, great, I still have tickets to the Global Series in Finland, I might still go watch as a closing ceremony for this chapter of my life. If they lose, I am not going. Either way, I need to be done with this team, too toxic for family, work and social life.

Sorry for the Armageddon vibes. For all of you, I still wish they'll win it and I am sure you'll celebrate and enjoy it accordingly.

Last Rat Standing

May 26, 2016
South Florida
Over 20 years of misery to finally be relevant, with high chances we are the most embarassing losers in the last 80 years? This team knows how to toy with your heart.

It doesn't matter to me any more. I put too much energy and time into this team over the last 25 years. If they win, great, I still have tickets to the Global Series in Finland, I might still go watch as a closing ceremony for this chapter of my life. If they lose, I am not going. Either way, I need to be done with this team, too toxic for family, work and social life.

Sorry for the Armageddon vibes. For all of you, I still wish they'll win it and I am sure you'll celebrate and enjoy it accordingly.

I feel similar. For me, its almost like they lost the series last night. I'm tired of the anxiety,stress and anger that this team provides. How do you give up something that's been part of your life for so long? Now I have two boys that are extremely invested in it and they still want to be apart of it going forward. Even if I don't. Even now, I want a break from talking about it, but my muscle memory keeps going back and reading and posting.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I feel similar. For me, its almost like they lost the series last night. I'm tired of the anxiety,stress and anger that this team provides. How do you give up something that's been part of your life for so long? Now I have two boys that are extremely invested in it and they still want to be apart of it going forward. Even if I don't. Even now, I want a break from talking about it, but my muscle memory keeps going back and reading and posting.
I guess this is the only way out for your family

Attachments

• mib-men.gif
    mib-men.gif
    967.9 KB · Views: 2

Last Rat Standing

May 26, 2016
South Florida
I guess this is the only way out for your family

It's just difficult since I'm still going to be asked to take them to games. My wife and I ended up together through going to a game together back in 2011. If we lose this series, I wear panthers shirts weekly and I'll be embarrassed to wear them going forward. All social media and YouTube will be deactivated. It's just something I'll never get over.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

I feel the same. There nothing worse this team could do. There's nothing to wait for if they lose. Who gives a flying f*** how they do next season if they blow this. This team would have to be blown up. There's no way the players would be ready for another season with this group. Amount of failure would be epic

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
It's just difficult since I'm still going to be asked to take them to games. My wife and I ended up together through going to a game together back in 2011. If we lose this series, I wear panthers shirts weekly and I'll be embarrassed to wear them going forward. All social media and YouTube will be deactivated. It's just something I'll never get over.
That's tough. Kind of cool and scary at the same time when a family hobby is such a huge part of your life, a lot depends on it it seems. I get why most people are fans of the big successful teams, so much easier and healthier. Well, there is still hope, maybe they do win one of the 2 next games. Wish you the best.

And in the worst case, do it like me, get yourself a proper depression so basically you are numb to any feelings :sarcasm:

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I feel the same. There nothing worse this team could do. There's nothing to wait for if they lose. Who gives a flying f*** how they do next season if they blow this. This team would have to be blown up. There's no way the players would be ready for another season with this group. Amount of failure would be epic
If Bill Zito remains GM, he will question everything. I mean how much better can we get? How much more prepared could we ever be than now? 2 years ago it was all about speed, now it is all about "PO hockey", neither worked. Where do you restart from there? I do not have the strength to restart or retry and I agree with you, hard to believe that this core would come out stronger

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019

If Florida ends up choking this series and the cup, Game 4 will be the one that they'll really regret because that was a blowout. If it was a close game that would be fine but being blown out in the cup finals is never a good sign.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Serious question. Does anyone feel like we can win this? All logic says yes but the feeling inside says ....

Game 6 is our best hope to win it.

It's an away game, but if you give up 3 in a row, after being up 3, then that means 3 straight meh games from Bob. I doubt he would be sharp for game 7.

If the players come out hungry, and stay hungry, yes.
They went away from what worked. Became passive in all three zones. Terrible decisions with the puck. That can be fixed.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
As depressed as I may feel right now, it’s not over till it’s over. And I mean that from both ends. People feel like we had this in the bag, well we still need one. People may think Edmonton has this in the bag now, well they still need not just one more game on top of the two they already won but they would still need to win a 4th straight game back in Florida.

I always said I don’t care how long it takes or where it’s at, as long as they win in the end that’s all that matters. It’s just nerve wracking until it’s over especially since it’s so drawn out with the travel schedule. The longer it goes the worse the anxiety gets. We’ll just have to see how it all plays out. I know we’re all terrified of the prospect of getting reverse swept but we’re only half way to that point. Still up to 2 more games to go. If they win in game 6 then not only did they win it all but they didn’t even need a game 7 and the series would finish 4-2, that’s good. Let’s see what happens Friday

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad