Claimed off Waivers: [VGK] Golden Knights claim F Cole Schwindt off waivers from the Flames

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
VGK needs centre depth that badly?

I hope Schwindt does well. Not sure why he couldn't figure it out with us.

Reactions: Morrison

Bond

May 10, 2012
VGK needs centre depth that badly?

I hope Schwindt does well. Not sure why he couldn't figure it out with us.
If the Flames were good then I bet they would have kept Schwindt as a low cost 4th line center. They don't really need one right now though and Schwindt will be passed over multiple times by the time they do.

Reactions: Figgy44

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I mean he's nothing special but that's a hit to an already shitty natural center depth chart. Big, moves well, good shot when he can get it off, solid both positionally and defensively. Isn't physical or aggressive enough. Really only has bottom 6 upside and more 4th line than 3rd but you could do worse for a prospective 4C.

Could see the Flames claiming him back if he is waived again this season. He was a fairly important player for the Wranglers.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
If the Flames were good then I bet they would have kept Schwindt as a low cost 4th line center. They don't really need one right now though and Schwindt will be passed over multiple times by the time they do.

Seems like even Morton was ahead of schwindt on most peoples rankings.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014

I think Rooney upping his game and extending is why Schwindt is in this scenario. Rooney is doing what we were hoping Schwindt would be doing for us now. Flames also have a few guys who will share bottom 6 C responsibilities.

I think the Oilers are more upset about the VGK claims than us. I think they needed a bonafide 4C more than we did, especially after the McLeod trade.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I think Rooney upping his game and extending is why Schwindt is in this scenario. Rooney is doing what we were hoping Schwindt would be doing for us now. Flames also have a few guys who will share bottom 6 C responsibilities.

I think the Oilers are more upset about the VGK claims than us. I think they needed a bonafide 4C more than we did, especially after the McLeod trade.
Yeah, the Flames don't need to worry about plugging the 4th line.

Reactions: Figgy44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad