Confirmed Signing with Link: [VGK] F Victor Olofsson signs with the Golden Knights (1 year, $1.075M)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Watch him blow up now. The talents been there. He’s a sneaky signing.
This.

Olofsson is ridiculously frustrating, because he had stretches where he was a very good player, driving play, and creating all kinds of offense with the puck on his stick. Mostly though, he was absolutely lost in Granato's free-wheeling, wide open gameplan. I think he could absolutely be an asset in a puck-control offensive scheme, but he just doesn't fit with linemates that want to strictly run a north south fast break open offense.

People saying he's strictly a one dimensional shooter have not watched him enough, there is a lot more talent there waiting to be unlocked, problem is, finding a way to unlock it consistently.

Reactions: Petes2424

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
This.

Olofsson is ridiculously frustrating, because he had stretches where he was a very good player, driving play, and creating all kinds of offense with the puck on his stick. Mostly though, he was absolutely lost in Granato's free-wheeling, wide open gameplan. I think he could absolutely be an asset in a puck-control offensive scheme, but he just doesn't fit with linemates that want to strictly run a north south fast break open offense.

People saying he's strictly a one dimensional shooter have not watched him enough, there is a lot more talent there waiting to be unlocked, problem is, finding a way to unlock it consistently.
hes had a long ass time to prove hes more than what he actually is. He doesnt forecheck, he doesnt get to the net, hes bad defensively. Hes literally a sniper from a small area on the ice

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
hes had a long ass time to prove hes more than what he actually is. He doesnt forecheck, he doesnt get to the net, hes bad defensively. Hes literally a sniper from a small area on the ice

Sure, and Vegas will make good use of that limited talent.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not too sad to see him go, but I wonder if yet again a guy will somehow magically look better elsewhere. Dude is Erod tier, y’know?

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
And Vegas has players who create space for their line mates, and will utilize his role. Even if it’s this narrow. There were many people who though Marchessault was that exact player the day he came to Vegas. Sometimes with talented players, it’s simply about the situation.

One things for sure. They’re taking no chances, but I’m willing to bet, they’re talking extension by the trade deadline.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This.

He's not particularly quick which mitigates his ability to get to smaller openings or to pressure pucks. His lack of puck battle has been pronounced even when he is close enough and isn't inhibited by that lack of short area quickness.

Vegas has guys who can win pucks and he can worry about finding soft space to get his shot off. And if it doesn't work, he's super cheap to stash in Henderson awaiting an injury recall.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I thought his physical game, for him, actually got better last year. A quick look at hits per 60 min vs. other Sabres puts him just behind Tuch and ahead of Benson, Power, Peterka, Skinner, and Mittlestadt. Not saying much other than there's worse out there.
Can't recall Olofsson winning a single puck battle all season.

Sure, and Vegas will make good use of that limited talent.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not too sad to see him go, but I wonder if yet again a guy will somehow magically look better elsewhere. Dude is Erod tier, y’know?
Erod did everything when he was on the Sabres though he just had a bad year and got jettisoned immediately.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
This.

wtf have you been watching lol?

Gubbhornet

Dec 5, 2019
What happened to him? His first few years he had so much promise... and then just kind of fizzled out.
Hasn't he done quite well for a 7th rounder? Anyway, he needs a good center and powerplay time. If he can be an accessory that provides goals in the top 2 lines, his price enables depth in the team. Potentially great signing.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Goalofsson will be well liked by the Vegas fan base. His shot from the right is lethal. Don't expect a 200 ft defensive game, expect a sniper that can put the puck on net if properly fed from team mates.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
After acquiring Holtz, they decided “we need more players just like this?”. Olofsson was the proto-Holtz. Decent shot, little else.

Woe be unto the Center assigned to play between them.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
After acquiring Holtz, they decided “we need more players just like this?”. Olofsson was the proto-Holtz. Decent shot, little else.

I mean, he already has shown chemistry with Jack.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006

In Alexander's defense, he is 22. Olofsson is 28.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad