GDT: Very important preseason game in Tampa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
FWIW: it's refreshing to hear an announcer broadcasting in an old time way--calling the play by play and not just having non-sensical conversations.

Also, nice to hear an old-timer in Espo too.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
isn't the color guy for the lightning a legend of the game? he sucks at his job, but they keep him around anyway.

i feel like that is right but i can't remember who it is, didn't get on the stream early enough to see, and don't care enough to google.
you must be talking about Phil Esposito

Not trying to be a pessimist, but if all the Canes games are going to be as boring as this one, I don't think I'll watch many.
haha...I just told my wife time to watch our roku shows

Last edited:

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Not really much to take away from that period, bunch of guys on both sides tossed into their first game looks like a hodgepodge scrimmage. Haven't really seen any standout plays offensively or defensively yet

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
FWIW: it's refreshing to hear an announcer broadcasting in an old time way--calling the play by play and not just having non-sensical conversations.

Also, nice to hear an old-timer in Espo too.
I'm just going to disagree. I realize that announcer's style is a personal choice, but I don't like Espo at all in that role. To each, their own.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I'm just going to disagree. I realize that announcer's style is a personal choice, but I don't like Espo at all in that role. To each, their own.
Well, I just liked him as a HOF player.

He is 82 years old and clearly not as sharp as he was years ago in color commentary.

Also, it's just a different broadcast than we fans are used to today (ie Mike & Tripp).....pXp guy is actually calling the game (btw, which is impressive given the new names on the jerseys) which gives the color guy less opportunities to chime in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad