x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
giphy.gif

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Heard this was going to be part of the MCU too, is that true?

No I don't think so.

Amy Henning (moron who runs Sony) is desperate to present these Spider-Man films as 'adjacent' to the MCU but Kevin Feige (basically the MCU Godfather) has given no indication of that.

There was a recent interview with the two of them that sparked many memes; Amy started spewing word vomit about how inter-connected the Sony Spider-Man movies would be with the MCU while Kevin Feige sat there screaming internally, not saying a word.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I guess we consider this the official Venom movie thread.

Tom Hardy posted a pick of him in military gear from set leading some to speculate that they might be taking elements from the Agent Venom story line from the comics.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I like the idea of Eddie Brock being a military guy as opposed to just some rival employee at the Daily Bugle (which never made a lot of sense anyways...even less so when your Peter Parker is like 15 years old.

I really hate the look of 'Agent Venom' though. The only acceptable Venom to me is classic Venom.

tumblr_n14ignhR5t1ru1hc6o1_500.jpg

If I ever got a good version of that in live action movie form I would be forever satisfied.

But this.....?

Agent_Venom_GUNZ.png

Is the lamest shit I have ever seen.

"Lets give Venom football pads and a bunch of guns" is just the worst f***ing idea I ever saw.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Hardy confirmed at Brazil comic con that it will be in part based off the Lethal Protector miniseries. So basically for those that don't know the series, this is the first series of comics that changes Venom from a villain to more of an anti-hero.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
I guess we consider this the official Venom movie thread.

Tom Hardy posted a pick of him in military gear from set leading some to speculate that they might be taking elements from the Agent Venom story line from the comics.

dot org?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So there might be a link between this, and I guess other Sony spider verse movies, and the MCU. Seems Tom Holland as Spider-Man will make at cameo or more.

From John Schepp

Spider-Man is going to be in Venom. For the last couple of months, we’ve been hearing how Sony is keeping it all separated, and Spider-Man is in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but every other character that’s in the Spider-Man universe is separate. All I’m saying is that Spider-Man—and I’m talking about Tom Holland’s Spider-Man—is going to be in Venom.

Seems like Tom Hardy also put a pic of Carnage on Instagram and then quickly deleted it. Take it all with a grain of salt I guess.

inyazphrgd4dsnt33jcj.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-17_15-29-43.gif
    upload_2018-1-17_15-29-43.gif
    37 bytes · Views: 4

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
No idea how true it might be but I heard rumors that Tom Holland was on set for a day maybe for a very small cameo.

If they end the movie with the symbiote sneaking into Holland's costume and either Avengers 4 or Homecoming 2 is basically the symbiote saga I will go full blown fan girl.

Gimme the real black suit Spiderman!

But also, I don't know how I feel if Woody Harellson is playing Cletus Kassidy. Cletus should be a lanky weirdo.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Gotta love the supporting talent in this. Aside from the Woodman, you've also got Riz Ahmed, Jenny Slate, and Michelle Williams on board.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
No idea how true it might be but I heard rumors that Tom Holland was on set for a day maybe for a very small cameo.

If they end the movie with the symbiote sneaking into Holland's costume and either Avengers 4 or Homecoming 2 is basically the symbiote saga I will go full blown fan girl.

Gimme the real black suit Spiderman!

But also, I don't know how I feel if Woody Harellson is playing Cletus Kassidy. Cletus should be a lanky weirdo.

Woody Harrelson makes everything he's in better, regardless of the role. So I wouldn't get too hung up on that detail.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
No I agree. Reactions to casting are kind pointless. I guess all I'm saying is Woody doesnr remind me of how the guy from the comics looks, which doesn't matter at all so long as the character works in the film.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs USA
    France vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $225.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Canada
    Norway vs Canada
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $501.00