Speculation: Vegas stockpiling Dmen at the draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
I think Vegas will select 12-13 dmen at the draft, fully intending to
move a few of them for assets. I know the leafs would be very interested in a top 4 dman, and vegas could conceivably end up with about 6-7 top 4 guys.

which dmen do you think vegas ends up taking, and which guys end up being flipped for picks/prospects?

My list (bolded as trade bait)

Josh Manson
Josh Gorges
Ville Pokka
Jack Johnson
Alex Petrovic
Marco Scandella
Ryan Pulock
Kevin Klein
Marc Methot
Derrick Pouliot
Paul Martin
Dmitry Orlov

Before the start of the season, I had Dumba, Koekkoek and Beaulieu as available. Ceci and Pokka could be available as well depending on whether teams go ten or eight players.

Baymen4

Oct 31, 2016
I think Isles move a D for a forward so odds are Pulock is either traded or protected IMO

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I have a feeling Orlov and his agent would be none too pleased about going to work for George McPhee given the rough ride he was given by him while he was here. Curious to see how it all plays out from the Caps perspective. A guy like Nate Schmidt was a McPhee find and Orlov could likely be available as well. Also Orpik could be exposed, we shall see how it plays out. Think it's especially interesting from the Caps perspective because a lot of our players were McPhee employees and draft picks at one point. That and the fact our current GM and George McPhee are very good friends and he was his understudy for quite awhile. Think there's gonna be more wheeling and dealing with assets to "not select" certain players than people think. Could especially be prevalent when you have your best friend GMing another team.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
It's my first post here, I wish you'll enjoy it/them, it's been a while that I read the topics without replying, the day has come!

I see that Jack Johnson won't be protected by the CBJ (they'll protect David Savard instead I guess), in this case, can Montreal make an offer to aquire JJ? We know the Habs are looking for a top 4 and JJ would be a good fit next to Weber, doesn't he?

Something like that:

To MTL:
Jack Jonhson
Boone Jenner

To CBJ:
Max Pacioretty
Nathan Beaulieu
David Desharnais

What do you guys think? CBJ would have 1 million under cap after this trade!

Welcome!

There is a thread with this offer, my response is there if you'd like my opinion/to discuss it

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Unless Vegas wants to gamble on Gaborik they will likely pluck Alec Martinez from the Kings.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
No, it was established this summer that he's not. This is according to Staples, and the Isles.

Ah ok, wasn't aware of that. I remember a big discussion about it and for some reason thought it was determined that he was exempt.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Unless Vegas wants to gamble on Gaborik they will likely pluck Alec Martinez from the Kings.

And why would Martinez be left unprotected ? I think him Doughty and Muzzin are protected for sure. The tough choice will come down to Forbert/McNabb unless someone is traded.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I think Vegas will select 12-13 dmen at the draft, fully intending to
move a few of them for assets. I know the leafs would be very interested in a top 4 dman, and vegas could conceivably end up with about 6-7 top 4 guys.

which dmen do you think vegas ends up taking, and which guys end up being flipped for picks/prospects?

My list (bolded as trade bait)

Josh Manson
Josh Gorges
Ville Pokka
Jack Johnson
Alex Petrovic
Marco Scandella
Ryan Pulock
Kevin Klein
Marc Methot
Derrick Pouliot
Paul Martin
Dmitry Orlov

If Vegas takes Gorges off the Sabres. I will happily drive down to Buffalo and personally drive him to the airport. The only better scenario for Buffalo would be if Vegas took Moulson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad