Prospect Info: Vegas Golden Knights Prospect/Henderson Silver Knights AHL Thread II

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Is Lukas trying to get called up or what? On a mission.
Posted about it earlier, Lucas said in an interview with Hockeynews.se that a year in the A would do him good. Rocky also pretty much said he has things to work on, and when he does those things well, he's getting even more offensive opportunities. Something that should excite every Vegas fan to hear. Lucas is just getting started!

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Posted about it earlier, Lucas said in an interview with Hockeynews.se that a year in the A would do him good. Rocky also pretty much said he has things to work on, and when he does those things well, he's getting even more offensive opportunities. Something that should excite every Vegas fan to hear. Lucas is just getting started!

Of course he is going to say that to be humble but any player with that talent is going to do their best at the same time. He will be getting the call this season if it is only for one game or 5+ games. Injuries of course happen with this team.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Since nobody asked, here's my VGK top 20 prospects rankings for Oct:
Top 6 honors:
Scooter
Hague
Elvenes
Dugan
Dorofeyev
Coghlan
------------
Whitecloud
Ferguson
Jones
Kolesar
Leschyshyn
Cotter

Schuldt
Korczak
Diliberatore
Saville
Morozov
Corcoran
Patera
Demin

I've graduated Bischoff, Glass & Roy because well, why not. Elvenes has skyrocketed up the chart. Can he crack the top 2 in January?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Since nobody asked, here's my VGK top 20 prospects rankings for Oct:
Top 6 honors:
Scooter
Hague
Elvenes
Dugan
Dorofeyev
Coghlan
------------
Whitecloud
Ferguson
Jones

Kolesar
Leschyshyn
Cotter

Schuldt
Korczak
Diliberatore
Saville
Morozov
Corcoran
Patera
Demin

I've graduated Bischoff, Glass & Roy because well, why not. Elvenes has skyrocketed up the chart. Can he crack the top 2 in January?

Isn't Morozov doing well? Is his low place due to less viewings?

Schuldt is surprisingly low.

And Cotter is low too, I thought Leschyshyn was dangerously close to bust territory.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Isn't Morozov doing well? Is his low place due to less viewings?

Schuldt is surprisingly low.

And Cotter is low too, I thought Leschyshyn was dangerously close to bust territory.

Schuldt needs to prove he has more upside than a 7th Dman offensive type. Right now I have him pegged as a Mark Barberio but we'll see.

Morozov is a 50/50 type and while his VHL numbers are better than last year, it's tough to judge his performance with SKA main club hesitant to play the kid line of Podkolzin/Marchenko/Morozov(especially Morozov but C is naturally harder to break into the pros than his winger counterparts). Dorofeyev is thriving in the KHL at 18 on a weaker club but you can easily see how his game would translate to NA ice.

We'll have to see how Morozov does at the WJC, but I like what I've seen from Cotter, Jones & Leschyshyn. And obviously Kolesar is a wrecking ball that gets off to slow starts but plays considerably better with better linemates.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Speaking of Morozov, his Team Russia played yesterday against QMJHL in the Canada/Russia series.
Dorofeyev didn't make the trip over and Bouchard did not play.

Kooy is on team OHL

Korczak is on team WHL as well as Krebs (obviously not expected to play)

Game 2 of Russia vs QMJHL is today.

Last edited:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

I think I've gotten to love the idea of the AHL team in Vegas also. Easy to assign back and forth for cap accruing savings, keeping an eye on the development of prospects (they would be practicing at the same place) and they don't have to make money, as long as they don't lose much it is a cost to try to maximize the effectiveness of our development and help the big team. Plus more opportunity to see VGK players.

Salt Lake or Reno or Fresno or Stockton will be there in five to seven years if it didn't work how they wanted. There is the hockey appetite for now.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Sounds like Krebs is almost ready to head back to juniors. My guess is he'll be back for weekend game(s) unless there's a setback.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Wait, we share the Wolves with the hawks? I knew we shared them with the Blues in the first year, but thought we were their only NHL pimps after that.

Edit: yeah, the author got that wrong. The only players on the Wolves' roster that aren't in the Golden Knights pipeline are 4 independent journeymen.

(this ramble is in reference to the KSL SLC AHL article linked above)

Last edited:

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Wait, we share the Wolves with the hawks? I knew we shared them with the Blues in the first year, but thought we were their only NHL pimps after that.

Edit: yeah, the author got that wrong. The only players on the Wolves' roster that aren't in the Golden Knights pipeline are 4 independent journeymen.

(this ramble is in reference to the KSL SLC AHL article linked above)

Yeah that was pretty funny because its pretty known the owner of the Wolves does not get along with the Hawks at all and spends a lot of money advertising his team acting as if the Hawks or NHL weren't even around. I remember walking down Michigan Avenue a few years ago and saw all these strange looking giant goalie masks and was thinking wow someone's fantasy art on masks. But it was actually Wolves masks and advertising the team. Right in the heart of Chicago where tens of thousands of people walk by.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

The Jacksaw is the early favorite for Hobey Baker this year.

2nd in scoring is his teammate Tyce Thompson with 16 points.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

The Jacksaw is the early favorite for Hobey Baker this year.

2nd in scoring is his teammate Tyce Thompson with 16 points.

btw:

He's on pace for the best season since Kariya. "Ok" you say, "Kariya was 18 that season." Well, first off: Kariya is a HHoFer. Secondly: he's on pace for 16+ more points than Johnny Hockey got his 20yo season.

A Devils Fan

Nov 17, 2019
Not sure whether anyone's too interested in a Diliberatore scouting report, but I finally made it to a Quinnipiac game last night and he definitely stood out to me. Has good offensive instincts, looked really mobile compared to all the other D on each team, and seems pretty responsible in his zone. He was leading breakouts and making crisp passes all night. He made one really boneheaded pass late in the 3rd that was picked off, and he outmuscled the guy, spun around to avoid pressure and then made a nice outlet for a clean zone exit.

I wouldn't expect him to be anything more than a 5 or 6 D if he does make it to the NHL, it's not like he looked too good for the league like Cale Makar did the few times I saw him last season. But I can definitely see why he was drafted. His mobility/agility was good and he was walking the line really well on the powerplay, but he didn't look like he had much top end speed when he would lead the rush. But without doing any research before going to the game, his play made me take out my phone to see how old he was and if he'd been drafted. So I figured I'd stop by and drop a quick blurb.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Krebs just picked up his 1st point of the year in his first game back for the Ice.

What a pass!

Let’s say Pirri and Roy stay in Chicago for awhile. Will that be enough to get the Wolves back on top of the division?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad