Vegas about to circumvent cap again? UPD: Mark Stone back practicing.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Fair. I thought they'd elevate a lot more but yeah they'd gotten really complacent and overall unmotivated a lot earlier than this.
The injuries played into it obviously, but from the original core I thought March was the only one that stayed consistently engaged all year. Karlsson started hot but sort of just tailed off.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The injuries played into it obviously, but from the original core I thought March was the only one that stayed consistently engaged all year. Karlsson started hot but sort of just tailed off.
Marchy definitely has his "I don't give a shit tonight" games. But agreed on Karlsson. I'm not sure what was going on in the locker room but all I could think was "well they'll turn it on in the playoffs, maybe they're just collectively burned out"

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Marchy definitely has his "I don't give a shit tonight" games. But agreed on Karlsson. I'm not sure what was going on in the locker room but all I could think was "well they'll turn it on in the playoffs, maybe they're just collectively burned out"
Chemistry, age and wear I imagine are a big part. The lack of a chip on shoulders. Clearly Cassidy wasn't as confident in the group as years past by making three fairly substantial moves at the deadline. He's never one to make smaller, depth moves.

Man talk about missing the point.
Man buys Ferrari: "You people taking the bus don't understand how hard it is for me. Parts are expensive!"

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
It’s more indicative of how they played all year, not just the three losses. Started out hot in the season and were really no better than a .500 club the rest of the way.
And yet in this thread, people really think the way to win is to act like the season doesn’t mean much and just flip a switch in the playoffs.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
And yet in this thread, people really think the way to win is to act like the season doesn’t mean much and just flip a switch in the playoffs.
The teams that usually win do kick it into an extra gear in the playoffs. That was San Jose's problem for years. They were never able to.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Chemistry, age and wear I imagine are a big part. The lack of a chip on shoulders. Clearly Cassidy wasn't as confident in the group as years past by making three fairly substantial moves at the deadline. He's never one to make smaller, depth moves.

Man buys Ferrari: "You people taking the bus don't understand how hard it is for me. Parts are expensive!"
The first part of your post doesn’t fit with the second.

And an 8 seed is a Ferrari now? Wow. I know you guys think this team is much better than I do though.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
The first part of your post doesn’t fit with the second.

And an 8 seed is a Ferrari now? Wow. I know you guys think this team is much better than I do though.
Everything is in response to your "woe is me" disadvantages post. "Well, it's tough because Vegas now has Free Agents and they want to sign them all and then had to trade picks to get them" as if this hasn't been what virtually every contender does.

Your post about "disadvantages" came off as extremely entitled and naive at the same time.

None of that has anything to do with my responses to you. The team was good enough to win a cup last year and they added Hertl, Hanifin and Mantha and we're supposed to be, "yeah, you're right. Poor Vegas has some tough decisions to make!"

Give me a break.

It is pretty clear that Stone is not healthy and is playing only because it is the playoffs. Kind of makes all the crying about Vegas "circumventing" the cap look pretty silly now.
Not really because Stone even at 50% is better than most players in the league, and factoring in adding Hanifin and Hertl with the "saved money" is still an advantage.

Also, if he's not healthy for game 1 then he also wasn't healthy for game 82, which means the team probably could have played him in that game but couldn't for cap reasons. In other words, he wasn't on LTIR by that point because he couldn't go, but because the decided not to activate him.

Reactions: Idiot Stick

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

I don't think that has anything to do with Cassidy. I think McCrimmon noticed the lack of something with this team and figured why not leverage Stone's health again? The lack of chips on shoulders I think has merit. Last year the team's mindset was 'it hurts to win' and it just ultimately feels like the group is collectively satisfied with having one cup ring and aren't overly interested in the physical grind and punishment it would take to win again. Outside of guys like Eichel, Machessault, Hill, McNabb and Thompson.

Reactions: TheBeard

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Everything is in response to your "woe is me" disadvantages post. "Well, it's tough because Vegas now has Free Agents and they want to sign them all and then had to trade picks to get them" as if this hasn't been what virtually every contender does.

Your post about "disadvantages" came off as extremely entitled and naive at the same time.

None of that has anything to do with my responses to you. The team was good enough to win a cup last year and they added Hertl, Hanifin and Mantha and we're supposed to be, "yeah, you're right. Poor Vegas has some tough decisions to make!"

Give me a break.
You’re projecting. I simply point out that it’s not all sunshine and rainbows when Vegas makes the moves it did and you strangely take that as me saying “woe is me.”

And you said that people in Vegas don’t like you. Your posts come off as trollish a lot of times. If you troll people of course they will react negatively.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Oh so the moves Vegas made at the trade line are comparable to moves other teams made? Is that REALLY what your position is now? Lol.

Give me a break.
Someone seems a little jealous.

I guess from the perspective of a jealous fan Vegas looks like a Ferrari.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
200w.gif

Three times running.

Looking forward to next season's shenanigans, the screenshot from capfriendly gets exponentially funnier every year.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
This is a bit rich coming from someone who has been crying for 3 straight months about this :laugh:
I've been crying about the disadvantage of having too many top line players to re-sign and that you should feel bad for us???

Pfff... I wish!

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Since when has 8 seed been a considerable disadvantage. Home advantage isn't anything insane. The 8 seed normally loses because they are a team that barely scraped by not one of the best teams purposefully holding a player on LTIR.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
The hockey gods like it when you get away with cheating once.

But they frown upon the disrespect of flagrantly doing the exact same cheat after succeeding previously.

I feel bad for Vegas, they have roused the ire of the hockey gods. The next few seasons are not going to be pleasant for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad