Vatrano cross-checks Kostin and gets knocked down with a left hook

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
How long was he down for? It seemed like a little bit of embellishment? Also, unless there is more to this between the 2 from an earlier play, Vatrano didn't start it in the video shown.

Thread is hilarious.

The chicken wing was barely an elbow - he was digging for the puck. Even if it was an elbow, he was going about 2mph and didn't even connect. Let's not cry wolf here. Vatrano took offense anyway - fine - and put a lot of weight into a cross check. Fine. Kostin said f*** around and find out, and dropped him with a gloved punch. Might have been embellished, might have been a great punch, might have been unfair to punch but far better to have done it with glove and squared up from the front, not side or back.

Both got offsetting minors. Seems about right given the cross check was also dangerous.

Move on.
When you need to add in "even if it was an elbow", you should probably just stop typing.

That's like somebody justifying a cross check with "His arms were nearly fully extended before the cross check hit Kostin, so there wasn't weight behind it."

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Lol calls a guy glass chin, brags about fight history and then tells me to lighten up, if that's not some classic shit posting....

I think you've completely missed my point, which was that this was not a fight. There's a big difference between eating a shot when you are squared up and ready for it, versus when you aren't. Hence why a boxer can stand in and eat shots for 12 rounds but will still get absolutely floored if sucker punched.

10/10 HFboards members would get put on their ass by that punch in that same scenario
You're putting up more of a fight in this thread than Vatrano did on the ice.

Good job.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I wish cross checks earned more players punches to the jaw. There's entirely too much acceptance of cross checking in the game versus, say, a star player on your team getting checked hard to the boards (which immediately creates a scrum and an offer to fight).

I hate cross checking and I hate that more players won't respond strongly to it. Players break their arms, wrists, fingers from cross checks/slashes, and they're easy fouls to conceal from officials. It's dirty as hell but low on the list of things people want excised from the game, and I don't understand why.
Totally agree with this, man. From the time I first got into watching and playing hockey I never understood 1. Why so many players feel the need to cross-check other players, and 2. Why so many players and refs think that cross-checking is just a non-issue.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
When you need to add in "even if it was an elbow", you should probably just stop typing.
Have you ever had a discussion before?

It wasn't much of an elbow at all.

Second point: even if it was because you insist, the argument is dumb because...

That's called debating multiple points at once. Try it!

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Have you ever had a discussion before?

It wasn't much of an elbow at all.

Second point: even if it was because you insist, the argument is dumb because...

That's called debating multiple points at once. Try it!
Sorry, your argument, discussion or whatever you want to call it failed when you added "even if he threw an elbow". Sorry, bro, you can't do that in hockey. It's not debating multiple points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad