Vatrano cross-checks Kostin and gets knocked down with a left hook

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's only unfortunate that Vatrano embellished instead of getting folded

One of the rattiest dudes in the game and it goes overlooked, I hope someone catches on and feeds him his lunch this year.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Love how everyone gets so giddy at the opportunity to put on an internet tough guy persona, that they give us two things to laugh at, their unrelenting urge to be an internet tough guy AND their inability to accurately assess a pretty clear cut case of who started an altercation. Y’all are so generous

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Any time you punch someone without a challenge to a fight, in hockey that is considered a sucker punch. If every cross check in a hockey game was an invitation to turn around and punch someone, we would see it dozens of times per game and this thread wouldn't exist.

It's already been pointed out by numerous posters but many of you seem to be duped by the thread title and SJ broadcast in the clip into thinking Kostin was just innocently on his way to the bench before being cross checked. If you actually watch the full clip, he chicken wing elbows Vatrano in the side of the head on the way by, which more than earned a cross check in return. He threw a cheap shot, took a cross check in retaliation and then threw a sucker punch with no invitation to fight. Punk move on Kostin's part

View attachment 916168
So what's worse a "sucker punch" where the guy sees it coming or a "sucker crosscheck" to your upper arm? because I've been punched a lot of times in hockey and most of the time I'd rather take a gloved punch than a crosscheck.

Either way not even sure why there is a thread this is a pretty nothing play.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
So what's worse a "sucker punch" where the guy sees it coming or a "sucker crosscheck" to your upper arm? because I've been punched a lot of times in hockey and most of the time I'd rather take a gloved punch than a crosscheck.

Either way not even sure why there is a thread this is a pretty nothing play.

The elbow to the side of the head and gloved punch by Kostin were both more dangerous than the crosscheck by Vatrano IMO. Those crosschecks don't tickle either, don't get me wrong

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad