Vatrano cross-checks Kostin and gets knocked down with a left hook

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Glass jaw Frankie. Sounds like a mob nickname.

I feel like a lot of folks sharing this sentiment would still be down if they took an unexpected shot on the chin from Kostin.

Crap call by the refs as well. The elbow from Kostin and retaliation crosscheck from Vatrano should have been off setting minors. Then the sucker punch should be another at least 2 + 10. To make Vatrano out to be equally guilty out of the whole sequence is just nuts.

Last edited:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I‘ve had my fair amount of fights in life, FYI. By the way, lighten up, Francis.

Lol calls a guy glass chin, brags about fight history and then tells me to lighten up, if that's not some classic shit posting....

I think you've completely missed my point, which was that this was not a fight. There's a big difference between eating a shot when you are squared up and ready for it, versus when you aren't. Hence why a boxer can stand in and eat shots for 12 rounds but will still get absolutely floored if sucker punched.

10/10 HFboards members would get put on their ass by that punch in that same scenario

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Street justice.

Don't know how dumb you can be to cross check someone and then not expect to get popped for it?

Reactions: BB79

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I wish cross checks earned more players punches to the jaw. There's entirely too much acceptance of cross checking in the game versus, say, a star player on your team getting checked hard to the boards (which immediately creates a scrum and an offer to fight).

I hate cross checking and I hate that more players won't respond strongly to it. Players break their arms, wrists, fingers from cross checks/slashes, and they're easy fouls to conceal from officials. It's dirty as hell but low on the list of things people want excised from the game, and I don't understand why.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Only penalty should go against Vatrano. No penalty for defending yourself

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Bit of a sucker punch there by Kostin, who was the one that really started it with the high chicken wing elbow despite what the announcer/ref said.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad