Proposal: Vancouver-Las Vegas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Retention doesn't matter that much to Vegas as much as it's unlikely that Sbisa would even have a spot on the team

They need to be above the cap floor so big contracts help more than they hurt. But Sbisa is kind of a waste with the option they'll have available in the expansion draft.

If the goal is to meet the cap floor, then front loaded contracts are ideal. Sbisa's contract is backloaded. 4 million in actual pay for a 3.6 mil cap hit. The exact opposite of what LV wants to do to meat a cap floor.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If the goal is to meet the cap floor, then front loaded contracts are ideal. Sbisa's contract is backloaded. 4 million in actual pay for a 3.6 mil cap hit. The exact opposite of what LV wants to do to meat a cap floor.

Ah. I wasn't aware of that.

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
Vegas isn't going to waste a pick to get a guy they could get in the expansion draft. Vancouver is stuck with Sbisa for the foreseeable future

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
If the goal is to meet the cap floor

There won't be a problem to reach the floor, the money is there. Vegas will be a big player in July, overpaying for UFA they really want.

Also, all teams hold out on contract extensions because quality UFA are exempt from the draft and don't need to be protected. Quality which isn't exposed in the draft Vegas could have a chance to sign in July. So for Vegas it's important to spend to the cap to get these not exposed quality. That's also a reason why money shouldn't be wasted on bad contracts.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
Personally I believe the Wild will get to keep Brodin and LV will take Zucker. You have to believe any team that doesn't have a traditional hockey background would love to have a guy born and raised in their own backyard.

but they will also have George McPhee as a GM and he's a well respected GM throughout the league... I'm sure that he'll build a great team with great moves out of that franchise

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Personally I believe the Wild will get to keep Brodin and LV will take Zucker. You have to believe any team that doesn't have a traditional hockey background would love to have a guy born and raised in their own backyard.

If Brodin is exposed I can't see them not taking him. As cool as it would be to grab Zucker

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB

Wrong. I think that is more wishful thinking.

All the citizens of LV will care about is a winning team and Brodin hold way more value that Zucker. Remember that Vegas is not a city where many citizens have lived there for their lifetime. It is a transient city, a younger city that want to go to a fun event and watch there home team win.

I live in Edmonton and I wouldn't want my team to trade Draisaitl for Spurgeon (I think that is a similar comparison to Zucker/Brodin)

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Lol. Dreaming.

Sbisa will be worth more to us this year. And I can't see any team trading for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad