Proposal: Vancouver - Carolina

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Good lord your takes are brutal.
Good lord some people can’t handle the truth about their players. After Vancouver was trying to dump him after 2-3 down seasons, teams aren’t going to be paying premium value because of one really high shooting percentage season. Especially a team that values defense and his isnt good

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Good lord some people can’t handle the truth

You realllly seem like the type who thinks getting last word in = "winning" an opinion exchange on the internet. You've embarrassed yourself extensively in this thread and the other one and have been called out multiple times. Take the l and move on, this triple down / bravado stupidity is moronic.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
You realllly seem like the type who thinks getting last word in = "winning" an opinion exchange on the internet. You've embarrassed yourself extensively in this thread and the other one and have been called out multiple times. Take the l and move on, this triple down / bravado stupidity is moronic.
Lol. Cool so nothing to bring to this but homer takes because a team isn’t overpaying for a dude with a ton of red flags

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Lol. Cool so nothing to bring to this but homer takes because a team isn’t overpaying for a dude with a ton of red flags
Speaking of homer takes, look in the mirror bud.

It's simply amazing how some on here are just completely and totally unaware of context....

You know nothing of the player. He is good defensively and him and miller are often matched up against the other teams best players.
Shhh, he's clearly in no mood for logic or reason......

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Speaking of homer takes, look in the mirror bud.

It's simply amazing how some on here are just completely and totally unaware of context....

Shhh, he's clearly in no mood for logic or reason......
its hilarious how only the Canucks come running to defend. but its "context"

i havent claimed that Necas is worth more than Boeser, btw. Its all about all the red flags Boeser comes with that says the Canes, or most teams, will not pay a 40 goal scoring value.

Last edited:
  • Haha

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I mean... I would be down for a Boeser x Necas swap but as mentioned, Canucks are adding Necas to their forward core. not trying to subtract.

However, much like the Canes something has to give. You can't take on Necas, not lose a higher end forward and also re-sign Lindholm, Zadorov, and Meyer.

Canes will almost certainly be parting ways with Teuvo, Skjei, Pesce, TDA and who knows... maybe even Chatfield.

If that happens then they can likely re-sign Guentzel and acquire some other players. Maybe the bridge with Necas has been crossed and there is no common ground for him to stay but with that many players almost certainly departing Canes could be big players in free agency or via trade.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
That's horrendous for Canes...KK >>>>>> Mikheyev, Morrow >>>>>>> Hoglander. And I'm just not sure Hronek is the piece we need on D with Burns/Morrow already on the right. KKs buyout is actually easier the Miks, and Necas/Hronek are probably similar value so no way in hell Morrow is in there
Lmao morrow >>> hog😂😂

24 goals, 1m with NO PP time as a 23 year old

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Canes won’t value boeser that much. His high shooting percentage one season of looking great comes with a ton of red flags.
Red flags of what? Being dominant in the playoffs, in his first real oppertunity.

What is going on here😂

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Who cares if the KK buyout is on the books for a decade? It is meaningless amount as a percentage of the cap now and its % of the cap is only going to decrease in the future.

I'm confused why would it be other books for a decade? It was an 8 y÷ar contract 2 years ago thats 6 years and a bit shy of a decade. Also I believe because of his age the cap hit if he were to be bought out is just 1 million. So sure if they cam move him thats great but there no reason for them to take on anything to get rid of him.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
I'm confused why would it be other books for a decade? It was an 8 y÷ar contract 2 years ago thats 6 years and a bit shy of a decade. Also I believe because of his age the cap hit if he were to be bought out is just 1 million. So sure if they cam move him thats great but there no reason for them to take on anything to get rid of him.
Buyouts are calculated to cover the percentage of cap money minus real money (with an additional math step) left (1/3 in this case) spread out over double the amount of years left on the contract (6 years in this case). It would be a 12 year cap hit.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Buyouts are calculated to cover the percentage of cap money and resl money left (1/3 in this case) spread out over double the amount of years left on the contract (6 years in this case)
Ok its still only 1 million if bought out before he is 26 right?

1 million in cap space will be peanuts with the cap going up

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Boeser shooting 20% after getting around 16% as a career high (and 10-11% in the previous two years) does mean you’re likely looking at some regression in that aspect next year.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Don’t bother with Canes fans tbh - most on this board are so biased it hurts.

Last year I said on their forum that Miller would make a great fit on their team. Most said they wouldn’t take him unless it’s for free and that the contract was an anchor.

Why does it feel like every time I see one of your posts you’re whining about how canes fans didn’t like your Miller proposal? :laugh:

Let it go, my friend. It’s bad to hold on to all that negativity.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Lmao morrow >>> hog😂😂

24 goals, 1m with NO PP time as a 23 year old
Unsustainable shooting % and he's done it once, the other 2 years he got 10-15G, against lower competition...that doesn't magically make him a 24G scorer. Morrow projects to be a top 4 RHD, which is way more valuable than a 3rd liner, so yea our valuation of Morrow is way higher than Hogs...we even seemingly fought to keep him out of the Guentz trade. Hogs has more internal value to you than the rest of the league

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad