Post-Series Talk: Vancouver Canucks defeat the Nashville Predators 4-2

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Neither would consider Nashville lol.
Why not? Maybe it's my SEC bias from college but Nashville is like one of the few cities in the States I'd love to live in. But TBF I fell in love with the South while at LSU but NHL players in polls rave about Nashville as a place they love playing away games in and Brunette is a fun coach that with a few horses can play a fun style.

Stammer would be a great piece to add, so would Sam and both are already in a Southern market.

You are to hard on your team and city. There are tons of Canadians that love the southern culture, the kind hit county songs write about.

Reactions: DiggerDan

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Pretty sure there were plenty of 'refs you suck' chants from Preds fans. Pp chances doesn't need to equal if one side is more deciplined. The last cross check was a cross check.
The issue with the last call was they let others go that were more egregious. By the books it was a penalty but let's be real, if refs called every little infraction there would be 20 penalties a game. Plus I don't think that play led to Vancouver getting the puck or out of the zone.
Again I get it was a penalty, but consistency matters.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Why not? Maybe it's my SEC bias from college but Nashville is like one of the few cities in the States I'd love to live in. But TBF I fell in love with the South while at LSU but NHL players in polls rave about Nashville as a place they love playing away games in and Brunette is a fun coach that with a few horses can play a fun style.

Stammer would be a great piece to add, so would Sam and both are already in a Southern market.

You are to hard on your team and city. There are tons of Canadians that love the southern culture, the kind hit county songs write about.
If I am Stamkos I resign with Tampa buy a yacht and make boats and hoes videos with my step Brother and retire a Lightning legend
Reinhardt should look at his team and realize the cup window is open for at least 5 years and resign with Florida.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Well, said it before the series that the Preds need the young guys Novak and Evangelista to step up if they want to win.

They had 1 point combined. Especially Novak was a complete non-factor.

You can't expect to do anything in the playoffs if there's no 2nd line.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Please show me where anyone has stated they don't want to play here.

Take a break Eeyore.

We need more talent, I said that going in. Our top line is good, our 2nd line is pretty much Evangelista and that's it.
I specifically was referring to the 2 players mentioned. Yes other players should seriously consider Nashville but it’s hard to see Stamkos or Reinhardt considering Nashville over other situations

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I specifically was referring to the 2 players mentioned. Yes other players should seriously consider Nashville but it’s hard to see Stamkos or Reinhardt considering Nashville over other situations
It was hard imagining O’Reilly choosing us last season.
I think Trotz tries to find another guy like Nyqusit though.

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
He is. If Demko continues to be injury prone I don't think Vancouver can give him the big contract he'll be looking for in a couple years and Silovs will be next up. He's the goalie of the future. Or Demko takes a good value contact and the Canucks platoon he and Silovs a la Boston with Ullmark and Swayman.
FWIW I recall reading that Silovs is Clarke’s favourite of the goalies. So given that, I think it’s fair to assume Silovs will win 6 Vezinas and never allow another goal again.

• Love
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
Weird series. Nashville's stifling defensive play made it difficult to differentiate between Vancouver having anemic offense or Nashville having excellent defense.

Reactions: DiggerDan

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
You can blame Scissons for missing an empty net in Game 4 that would have brought this series to a 7th game.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Respect to the Preds. Being interviewed after being eliminated from the playoffs is one of the toughest jobs in sports. They handled it well. None of them channelled John Tortorella and went ballistic on a reporter. All class.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
After taking a night to consider the series, that was one of the best coaching duels I've seen in a while. There were so many interesting adjustments over the series.

From Tocchet starting by line matching Lindholm to Nashville clogging up all the lanes and letting the Canucks cycle forever, to the Canucks adjusting by using the behind the net space, to the Predators playing the man behind the net, to the Canucks using that to pull their defense away from the front of the net.

This wasn't two anemic teams struggling to get anything going, it was two extremely well coached system teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad