Post-Series Talk: Vancouver Canucks defeat the Nashville Predators 4-2

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Wow, Silovs out dueled Saros.

Is this kid for real?
He is. If Demko continues to be injury prone I don't think Vancouver can give him the big contract he'll be looking for in a couple years and Silovs will be next up. He's the goalie of the future. Or Demko takes a good value contact and the Canucks platoon he and Silovs a la Boston with Ullmark and Swayman.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
GG Nashville. There’s a reason the Preds were the top team in the second half of the season, they played well.

Some may look at the low scoring and shot totals and call the series boring, in reality the series was a battle that was tightly fought to the end with not much given up by either team.
The only people that thought the series was boring or low scoring was bad are juveniles and kids. There were hits, physicality and excitement that the next goal wins.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
The only people that thought the series was boring or low scoring was bad are juveniles and kids. There were hits, physicality and excitement that the next goal wins.
Literally the VGK radio guy called the Nashville - Vancouver game 'boring and dull' tonight, while his game was exciting after 2 periods. Really.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

I mean...it was objectively very ugly, low scoring, low shots, low event, ultra structured, grinding hockey. It was not all that pleasant to watch. The only thing that made it enjoyable was being an invested fan.

For anybody objectively assessing from the outside, it was probably pretty darn boring...and you can tally up the the goals to realize that it was in fact, objectively "low scoring" by the metric of...counting the goals. Which even most juveniles and kids can do.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Game management at its finest there at the end. If they’d called the rest all night, sure, but to do that in the last minute annoyed me greatly.

Unlucky Nashville. Weird series. We were better tonight.
Sorry but better is debatable. You guys had a 4 minute double minor in the 2nd and couldn't muster up anything, the best chance was Petey going high glove on Saros while shorthanded. Vancouver was getting some chances but Saros was slamming the door until Suter broke through.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Frankly both teams played awful, if these two teams faced most of the other teams in the West (e.g. LA even) I think they'd be going golfing instead, but give credit where it's due, the boys showed up when needed and pulled through. Just hope Petey can bump his slump against McD and Leon, they could really use it.

nuxnux1

Oct 17, 2022
Neutral fans stat checking need to gtfo, watched every second of every game and it was a defensive chess match out there, neither team was giving an inch of ice up. Well played preds.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Sorry but better is debatable. You guys had a 4 minute double minor in the 2nd and couldn't muster up anything, the best chance was Petey going high glove on Saros while shorthanded. Vancouver was getting some chances but Saros was slamming the door until Suter broke through.
What about my post or username would indicate that I’m a Preds fan?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad