Post-Series Talk: Vancouver Canucks defeat the Nashville Predators 4-2

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Vancouver Canucks defeat the Nashville Predators 4-2

IMG_6100.gif

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Preds deserved the L after scratching Barrie. He would've gotten the puck in the net at the end.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Massive props for the Canucks to be able to continue on even with their goalie injuries. Silovs was terrific, getting that kind of a performance out of a 3rd string goalie just speaks well for the entire team's chances.

Reminds me of when Jeff Zatkoff won 2 playoff games for the Penguins back in 2016. You need those big contributions from unexpected sources to go on a deep run.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Vancouver was clearly the better team. Anyone who watched the whole series can't say otherwise. They dominated all but 2 periods all series. Nashville couldn't match them.
It was more of a dumb and dumber kinda series

Reactions: Grub

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Andrew Brunette needs to figure out how his powerplays in the playoffs. Holy shit has it cost him 2 playoff series

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Spoken like a person who didn't watch every game. If it wasn't for Saros Vancouver would have won in 4.
I’m assuming that you’re trolling with this one. There were at least a couple of games Nashville controlled.

I thought we deserved the series, but it was frustratingly, eye-gougingly tight.

Reactions: tyhee and quat

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
I don't think either team played well in this series, that was some ugly hockey. The cynic in me is happy that I don't have to watch my favorite team attempt to play anymore playoff hockey for this season. That being said, Vancouver is clearly the superior team and earned the win, congrats to them.

That crosscheck at the end is a standard crosscheck call, the problem is we can't harp on players for discipline when the standard for what's a penalty changes every 10 seconds. It was a legit call but it's impossible to blame Canucks fans for being irritated with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad