GDT: Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins 7pm - Nesn + 98.5. YOU HAVE NO HEART

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
Boychuk has really since last years playoffs bloomed into a hell of a #2 dman.

Massively underappreciated around these parts. Tough as nails, and you can tell has a genuine enthusiasm towards the game.

Edit * I should say "love".. you can tell when things get physical hes just so damn engaged.*

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Boston media sucks at giving out the stars. Reilly Smith and Yeti have been robbed of stars loads of times, and though it's nice that Manchuk got the third star tonight, he should've been first or at least second.

I actually loved Mats Sundin as a player

Yeah, couldn't watch the NHL when he was in his prime, but he was always one of the best in the Swedish national team. Probably the best performer in the Swedish national team ever. His goal face after tying the game against Finland where they rallied from 1-5 to win it 6-5 was epic.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Kesler hit w/ the puck at the end blocking Miller's shot. Must have genuinely hurt. Yet, stayed on his feet, imagine that?

Great game for Tuukka. Had his glove on the one that went in, just knuckled in on him. Could have been a SO.

First team in a while to rile up the Bruins, then wish they hadn't. Once the B's started hitting back, nucks shrank.

Last game w/ Chara until after the Olympics. Should be interesting.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Boston media sucks at giving out the stars. Reilly Smith and Yeti have been robbed of stars loads of times, and though it's nice that Manchuk got the third star tonight, he should've been first or at least second.

Typically goes to the guys that end up on the score sheet, which can be robbery at times.

I can't imagine the players being too upset about it either. I would almost guarantee with the leadership in the room, and the coaching staff, the players deserving praise after a game like that will get it in bunches.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Great effort all around. Tuukka had a great game tonight.

Thursday and Saturday are gonna be crazy games...5 rookie D? My...

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I like it.

Yeti seems far more comfortable and aggressive at center and Kelly still seems to lack game ready play but it's coming back.

Other than the 4th line I thought the team looked very good tonight.

Tuukka had a good game, the whole defense played well and the top three lines looked good.

The fourth line was not very good , Thorton just is way past being good enough to be out there sad but sure hope he is replaced in the line up before playoffs

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
And Kesler slew footed Boychuk behind the net.

Kesler has a lot of dirty tricks in his game and he never gets called for them-but then I don't think refs ever call slew foots anymore.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
They were as good as they needed to be against a Vancouver team that looks like absolute garbage. Still not the level of effort they could have brought IMO.

The fourth line served no purpose tonight other than to get pinned in their own end and run around. Thornton in particular is just getting slower. As I said earlier, Chia and co. cannot turn the blind eye again and count him as a regular for the PO run. It's just not a responsible and logical decision for the run.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

Massively underappreciated around these parts. Tough as nails, and you can tell has a genuine enthusiasm towards the game.

Edit * I should say "love".. you can tell when things get physical hes just so damn engaged.*

Yeah, I don't get it. Boychuk is the epitome of a true Bruin.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
They were as good as they needed to be against a Vancouver team that looks like absolute garbage. Still not the level of effort they could have brought IMO.

The fourth line served no purpose tonight other than to get pinned in their own end and run around. Thornton in particular is just getting slower. As I said earlier, Chia and co. cannot turn the blind eye again and count him as a regular for the PO run. It's just not a responsible and logical decision for the run.

Really? I didn't think there was too much to pick apart about the Bruins game tonight.

Bartkowski played huge tonight. Actually, from top to bottom our defense was stellar. Only hole I thought was the fourth line.

Furry89

Nov 17, 2013
Watching Bruins post game on CSNNE, god does Tony Amonte look terrible. Booze and food have not done him well post playing career:laugh:

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

I like Boychuk but his skill with the puck is limited. I love him because no other D-man on this team can jack it up physically like he can, but it's not as if he doesn't have faults in his game that can get the team into trouble.

Great game for him tonight, though. He's a very important guy to have against rival teams where you have to take the physical edge.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Boychuk horrible pinch with about 4 minutes left could have cost them

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
I actually loved Mats Sundin as a player

I appreciated his talent. World class talent obviously. However he was one of those players who could get nasty w/ the stick work, but had absolutely zero intention of ever backing it up.

One of the rare guys who made Bourque snap.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

Yes,Vancouver are a mess.Boychuck is really getting a lot of shots off now,he is getting tuned up for the playoffs.I can't understand why anyone would want to see a guy who has as much heart as he does playing for another team.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Really? I didn't think there was too much to pick apart about the Bruins game tonight.

Bartkowski played huge tonight. Actually, from top to bottom our defense was stellar. Only hole I thought was the fourth line.

I think Vancouver sat back for a ton of that third (until the last five minutes or so) and the Bruins just hung back. It's when the opposing team starts doing that you look to bury them. I understand you want to play good D to prevent the Canucks from getting any momentum but I would have liked a little more aggression.

Lucic getting a star is predictable, but not deserved IMO. Great shot to get that opening goal, but overall I was not impressed with his game.

I know I'm being a little negative and I promise it's not to create a rise. I just genuinely thought this win was more the result of Vancouver being absolutely decimated emotionally than the Bruins playing great hockey.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Good game.
Rask was great tonight.
Boychuck was an absolute monster out there, gotta love it.
The only negative I would say is that our 4th line has gone from one of the best in the league to a borderline liability out there. This was one of many games I felt pretty nervous when they were on the ice. Kelly on the 4th would help a lot with that I think. I love Thornton but the guy is looking pretty cooked these days.

Holy **** the Canucks fans are depressed about their team. It's kind of sad. That team really dropped off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad