GDT: Vancouver Canucks at San Jose Sharks - 11/06/14 7:30 PST - 'Never Forget' Edition

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
In the first two periods. But that third period, especially in the second half, the team couldn't make a single pass.

It's concerning because weak 3rd periods have been a problem for a couple years now. I'm not sure who to blame, coaching? conditioning? players? luck?

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA
I have to say, Hertl is looking much more engaged since being moved to the third line. Looks like breaking him off JT wing was the right move, at least to get him back to playing the way he did last year.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Actually they passed too much. Nieto, Demers and Thornton all passed up prime shots for cute passes.

In-zone they overpass, but on breakouts and neutral zone play they couldn't make a routine pass most of the third. Part of that is due to Vancouver's passive neutral zone clogging, but on the other hand the sharks coaching staff had no idea how to combat it. Yeah the players couldn't execute well, but the staff didn't offer an effective counter strategy and ultimately I think that's where the problem is.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
In-zone they overpass, but on breakouts and neutral zone play they couldn't make a routine pass most of the third. Part of that is due to Vancouver's passive neutral zone clogging, but on the other hand the sharks coaching staff had no idea how to combat it. Yeah the players couldn't execute well, but the staff didn't offer an effective counter strategy and ultimately I think that's where the problem is.

Also two forecheckers making life miserable for the defense.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You're right. There is plenty of time to come back...

But 7-5-2 is not good enough.

It was almost a given that even with the offseason, we're a better side than the Canucks... Yet they are sitting at 10-4-0.

Canucks are a team that are going to fade in the second half of the season. Their scoring pace will cool off eventually.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Not being here during a Sharks game actually feels liberating. It might actually make losses more enjoyable, since the first posts I read in here seemed to be holding grudges.

It sucks the Sharks lost, but I appreciated that effort. They were peppering the net with shots and Miller came up huge.

On to Dallas.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Not being here during a Sharks game actually feels liberating. It might actually make losses more enjoyable, since the first posts I read in here seemed to be holding grudges.

It sucks the Sharks lost, but I appreciated that effort. They were peppering the net with shots and Miller came up huge.

On to Dallas.

Reactions today weren't as bad as some of the other losses and undeserved wins from some of the earlier games.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Reactions today weren't as bad as some of the other losses and undeserved wins from some of the earlier games.

I don't know the very first post I read when I clicked on the thread talked about the kent huskins and Travis moan trade. Wasn't that like 5 years ago?

I compared the Sharks to the 49ers today, coming off a long layoff. I was pissed after the 49er game, not so much tonight. Kind of wish SAP would have pulled a Staples Center on the clock though so that goal would have counted. Oh well. :laugh:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
If at all possible, I try not to use my full ass. It's far too large.

Never want to use full ass unless necessary. It's kind of like playing ****** (no pun intended) players instead of good players. You don't want to use all your good players, otherwise you might... win regularly...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad