GDT: Vancouver @ Calgary 7:00 MT SNW and SNP

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
What's the worst that can happen if Andersson plays instead of Bart? He gets lit up for 3 goals against?

What WILL happen if Bart plays? He'll get lit up for 3 goals against.

Like ffs, these people are paid to know hockey and yet Bartkowski still plays NHL games for a contending team. The f*** man.

Reactions: Janks

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
How sad is it that our #6 D-man (Bartkowski) is bad enough to literally have the chance to cost us a win each and every night?

It's an absolute joke that he's in the lineup. Absolute garbage player

And yet that supposed #6 is still much better than your #5.

I understand that Kulak is young-ish and for many young (-ish) is good but I will never understand fans obssession with Kulak. He is a flat out terrible player.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
And yet that supposed #6 is still much better than your #5.

I understand that Kulak is young-ish and for many young (-ish) is good but I will never understand fans obssession with Kulak. He is a flat out terrible player.

Lol Kulak has been excellent in his role this season. Bartkowski is flat out trash.

Edit: The more I think about it, I find it amazing that you could possibly think Bartkowski is better than Kulak, who has at the very minimum been 10x the player Bartkowski is this season.

Might be my favorite post of the season so far

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Kulak has been outstanding this season. Anyone have one example of a bad play he’s made yet?

The dislike of midround picks on this site is pretty hilarious.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Kulak has been outstanding this season. Anyone have one example of a bad play he’s made yet?

He wasn’t great in preseason, but so far he’s made me 100% more comfortable than someone like Bartkowski.

I think what drives people away from Kulak is he’s a good bottom pair option, but he’s painted by some as either a top 4 guy or a fringe AHLer.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Bartkowski's not an NHL'er. That's simply undeniable.

But the Flames have a long history from a number of different regimes of calling up defensive prospects and not playing them. In recent years both Wotherspoon and Kulak went through the same thing. So, it's not surprising the culture of fear is still there. Sad though.

In terms of player usage, Gulutzan is actually slightly better than the last two Flames coaches. At least there's no more Moss/Comeau as top line centres or Butler playing top pairing minutes. Bartkowski's averaging a shade under 12 minutes which is relatively good for a Flames coaches pet.

On that note, Brodie is averaging over 25 minutes a game. So underrated.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

Examples like specific time and game? do you guys all tape the games and then rewatch them multiple times so that you can pinpoint exact moments with perfect detail?

I have noticed many giveaways and soft plays from him in the games he has played. He sticks out for being out of position a lot as well. Don't have the exact time for these but based on the frequency of them I am pretty comfortable saying basically everytime he is on the ice he will make a pretty bad play.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Bartkowski isn't very good, but then again he shouldn't be considered the be-all, end-all of our defense. Every team in the league has at least one guy like him that plays regularly.

The thing that bothers me is his usage in critical game situations (i.e. trailing by one with <5 mins left) and together with the fourth line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad