Proposal: VAN / TOR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Value is there, I don't see why either team does this tho.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Not a chance.

Pettersson will wake up at some point and when you have a player that can be as good as he's already been, you fire the coach before you trade the player.

Matthews is walking in two years with a NMC in his last year forcing the decision on trading him to be made after next season. I'd rather he walk out of Toronto than Vancouver.

Adding Hog and Boeser is just silly.

ferroid

Mar 22, 2010
Mark of a good trade proposal is when fans of both teams say no. Good job OP!

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Value is there, I don't see why either team does this tho.

I think Toronto would do it because it arguably gives them a better overall lineup, and spares them the possible embarrassment of losing Matthews for nothing if he chooses to test the market as UFA in 3 years...

With that said, I think the deal could be simplified with Hoglander and Roberstson being removed

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Terrible for Vancouver since Matthews will most likely walk.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Matthews is a better regular season goal scorer then Pettersson but is a well known dud in the playoffs. And the Canucks are too lousy to even make the playoffs, and then Matthews is gonna go sign in Arizona in a couple a years anyways. Plus we throw in Brock Boeser and the Pork Chop Express??? Disasterous trade proposal

Takumi3000

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Toronto wishes they can receive trade offers like these since their biggest problem is depth. Signing 3 guys to half their cap will only land them guaranteed 1st round exists every year. It’s not like your getting prospects for Matthews. It’s 3 current high end players who can help win right now and all 3 are super young too

Mar 26, 2010
To Toronto Maple Leafs
Elias Pettersson
Brock Boeser
Nils Höglander

To Vancouver Canucks
Auston Matthews
Nick Robertson
Yeah right! Pettersson is NOT a top 25 player in the NHL. I have said it since he entered the league. He is an average 20 goal scorer.

There is only 1 player in the NHL Toronto would trade him for and that is not happening.

Matthews is the best goal scorer in the league.

Reactions: TML1990

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Spare parts for the best goal scorer and reining Rocket Richard winner in the NHL.
LMFAO :popcorn:

By your username, I gather you're a Matthews fan?

How is Pettersson (top line C, recent all-star, signed to value bridge contract), Boeser (top line RW, recent all-star, signed to value bridge contract) and Hoglander (top-6 caliber, versatile, two-way winger who was top-10 in Calder voting) "spare parts"? That's like me calling Marner and Matthews spare parts after last season's Leafs playoffs.

Reactions: Cogburn

Mar 26, 2010
By your username, I gather you're a Matthews fan?

How is Pettersson (top line C, recent all-star, signed to value bridge contract), Boeser (top line RW, recent all-star, signed to value bridge contract) and Hoglander (top-6 caliber, versatile, two-way winger who was top-10 in Calder voting) "spare parts"? That's like me calling Marner and Matthews spare parts after last season's Leafs playoffs.
Pettersson or Boeser are no where near Matthews tier. Like not even close.

Matthews is a top 3 player in the league and best goal scorer.

Pettersson is the most overrated player in the NHL. Literally! His numbers back that up, and so does his play.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Pettersson or Boeser are no where near Matthews tier. Like not even close.

Matthews is a top 3 player in the league and best goal scorer.

Pettersson is the most overrated player in the NHL. Literally! His numbers back that up, and so does his play.

Matthews isn't top 3. He doesn't outrank McDavid, Draisatl or MacKinnon.

Reactions: PettersonHughes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad