Confirmed Trade: [VAN/NYR] Vitaly Kravtsov for William Lockwood and 2026 7th round pick

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Holy crap, wheres bern with his “krav has 1st rd value” assessments?
what happened?

is this really the best return ? Looks like the whole league thought way less of him than you

Bluest of blues, baby

Reactions: broc

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
This assessment ^ is not entirely wrong and not without any good points.

But we agree to disagree
Bottom line is the kid was for the very most part, not given a fair shake and not given a fair opportunity.
He got nothing near the opportunty provided to Lias who deserved nothing.

Krav is not Lias.
It is recognized he is not 4th line material
but played most of his games 3rd or 4th
If you want a guy to succeed as a top guy you not only give him quality Fs to work with but you also try to create best possible match, which here was not on a line w/bread, but instead:
Kreider - Troc - Krav
they did not ONE I repeat ONE EFFIN game the line looked good, but it was instantly discontinued

Bottom line my friend:
it IS up to the player to make the most of the chance, but
it is up to the club to give him that chance
He played like 12 straight games on Panarins line and had like 3 points.Lets stop the nonsense he was never given a fair shake.He had opportunities in the top 6 and did nothing with them

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
A 6'4 player in his D+5 year should not be as weak as a wet noodle. That's a big issue for him. He needs to start taking strength and conditioning seriously if he's going to be an NHL player. There is no easy way out with that. A player either works on it or he doesn't.

To me this guy has been a headache for our team at least the last 3 years and his numbers at whatever level have always underwhelmed. He's done best for whatever reason in KHL playoffs. KHL playoffs are not NHL playoffs. No way do I think he was ready for that this year.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
If this is true, well done Allvin. Kind of impressed at your patience.

Rick Dhaliwal · @DhaliwalSports
25th Feb 2023 from TwitLonger
Thoughts on Vitaly Kravtsov

The Canucks have been after 23 year old F Vital Kravtsov for over a year.

He falls into that age category that GM Patrik Allvin and President Jim Rutherford have been looking for, players under 25.
Today the Canucks finally got Kravtsov after giving up F William Lockwood and a 2026 7th rounder.
The Canucks and Rangers have been talking about Kravtsov for around 4 weeks, the original ask was a mid-1st round pick.
On Thursday when Kravtsov was pulled out of the Rangers lineup for trade reasons, the Canucks were not close to landing him.
In fact Kravtsov agent Dan Milstein was told by the Canucks on Thursday and Friday that the price was too high, sources say the Rangers asked for Nils Hoglander and Vancouver said no.

Everything changed today as the Rangers are trying hard to land Patrick Kane and lowered the demand.
At this time of year, things change daily and pressure points change as well.
Some good work by Alvin to out-wait the Rangers and other teams as well to get a player he has coveted for a while.

Milstein says Kravtsov will join the Canucks in Dallas tomorrow.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
If this is true, well done Allvin. Kind of impressed at your patience.

Rick Dhaliwal · @DhaliwalSports
25th Feb 2023 from TwitLonger
Thoughts on Vitaly Kravtsov

The Canucks have been after 23 year old F Vital Kravtsov for over a year.

He falls into that age category that GM Patrik Allvin and President Jim Rutherford have been looking for, players under 25.
Today the Canucks finally got Kravtsov after giving up F William Lockwood and a 2026 7th rounder.
The Canucks and Rangers have been talking about Kravtsov for around 4 weeks, the original ask was a mid-1st round pick.
On Thursday when Kravtsov was pulled out of the Rangers lineup for trade reasons, the Canucks were not close to landing him.
In fact Kravtsov agent Dan Milstein was told by the Canucks on Thursday and Friday that the price was too high, sources say the Rangers asked for Nils Hoglander and Vancouver said no.

Everything changed today as the Rangers are trying hard to land Patrick Kane and lowered the demand.
At this time of year, things change daily and pressure points change as well.
Some good work by Alvin to out-wait the Rangers and other teams as well to get a player he has coveted for a while.

Milstein says Kravtsov will join the Canucks in Dallas tomorrow.

LOLOLOL
Incredible

"The price is a mid 1st"
--
"No"
--
"Ok a 7th rounder and AHL depth forward"

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Rumours are already swirling that he might potentially be playing with Elias Pettersson, that’s gonna get his conference going!

• Love
Reactions: EdJovanovski

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
LOLOLOL
Incredible

"The price is a mid 1st"
--
"No"
--
"Ok a 7th rounder and AHL depth forward"
1677388752152.png

jim benning would have traded our 2024 1st

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Rumours are already swirling that he might potentially be playing with Elias Pettersson, that’s gonna get his conference going!

I didn't realize that Pettersson held conferences on who his teammates may be. How much input does Toccet get on this?

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Wow...this is a zero risk trade for the Canucks.

This is barely a step above future considerations. I hope Lockwood turns things around with the Rags but wow...this is getting Kravtsov for free basically.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Elias Pettersson has actually long been my player comparable for him (aside from Gretzky of course). They look alike with their lanky frame, very similar shooting mechanics, similar looking skating strides though I’d say Krav is much faster, they think the game very similarly and are both sneaky good defensive players despite being rather weak physically.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
If I knew @EdJovanovski lived in Vancouver I would have too, as should have every poster here, unless they have hearts of stone.

This is basically a movie now, with the both of them running slow motion towards each other at the airport.

They greet each with friendly, manly hugs, the sort manly friends use to greet each other with.

Of course, Andrei Kuzmenko and Vasily Podkolzin are there to greet him too.

Then Arturs Silovs shows up and says he likes to think the brotherhood they share in hockey unites them in a way that can overcome all the sorrow and strife in the world.

Everyone gets quiet and choked up because they didn’t even know Arturs was so deep and soulful.

Then Anthony Beauvillier pops in to lighten the mood, saying he and Krav need to talk shit about the assholes in the Metro over some beers, and everyone laughs because he’s fun like that.

Then JT Miller shows up and starts demanding that Krav live with him.

Krav says he will, but only if his new best friend Ed can too.

JT just gives him a look, like he can’t believe he thinks he even has to ask, because JT is just so big hearted.

After they walk outside, the guys throw Krav’s bags in the sweetest ride he’s ever seen. He gets in and sees Elias Pettersson is behind the wheel. Krav graciously compliments the car.

“You like it? That’s good, because it’s yours now.”

And then Kravtsov starts to cry, really cry, in way he doesn’t even remember doing as child.

But JT Miller quietly soothes him, whispering “It’s ok, Krav, it’s all over. You’re finally home.”

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
How drastic the drop in price is non-sensical. I'm gonna be shocked if the Canucks are retaining on Kane in a few days to explain all this.
pretty sure thats part of the price. the drop in ask is through the bottom otherwise.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
How does a trade like this even occur. Did PA phone Drury and say "hey Kravtsov, I want him. How about an AHL lifer, and a 7th from your replacements cupboard?"
I think its clear that Vancouver will be New York and Chicago's special unicorn in this deal so to say and will be retaining cap on Kane. From there its reasonable to expect that during the ongoing dialogue it became clear that Kravtsov (and Leschyshyn) were getting dumped to get Kane to the Rangers, and the Canucks were already on the phone ready to swing their mom's van around and grab him curbside before anyone else could.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad