Proposal: Van - Mtl

barrie colts

Feb 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
Fill in the gaps....
Van : E Pettersson
Mtl: K. Kotkaniemi

My option:
Van : L. Eriksson - J Virtanen (total 8.5 M)
Mtl: Gallagher (back home) - 1st 2021, 1st 2022 (Total 4.7 M)

Based on Cap Friendly $$$$ should work (I think)

Revansky

Mar 17, 2013
Montreal
Don't know why the Canucks would trade their young number 1 center with a sky-high celling for a prospect who's producing like a third line C. And i'm saying that while being a big fan of Kotkaniemi. I think he will be a number 2 center at least in the future and has a chance to be a middle of the pack number 1 centerman.

Even with Suzuki, i don't think it would be that enticing for Vancouver.

What's going on with Edler ? he seems to have a drop in his offensive production this year. Is he playing well ? Could have been an interesting piece at the deadline (if you're out of the playoff picture) and more reasonable target.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Fill in the gaps....

My option:

Gallagher isn't available.
Pettersson isn't available.
It's highly doubtful Kotkaniemi is available.
Eriksson and Virtanen are rumored to be available.

Montreal Canadiens 1st and 2nd round picks might be available .

Last edited:

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Fill in the gaps....

My option:

Like... Pettersson, Loui and Virtanen for KK, Gallagher and 2 1st's? Wtf absolutely no from Montreal.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Such a sloppy trade on both ends. Of course Habs overpay for a 1C, that's their cost. Vancouver doesn't give up a foundation for their success though unless EP hands in his sitout notice and punches a priest on his way out (although the priest likely wins the fight). Habs wouldn't include Gallagher either, probably similar value player but not one the GM cried publically in appreciation over.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Don't know why the Canucks would trade their young number 1 center with a sky-high celling for a prospect who's producing like a third line C. And i'm saying that while being a big fan of Kotkaniemi. I think he will be a number 2 center at least in the future and has a chance to be a middle of the pack number 1 centerman.

Even with Suzuki, i don't think it would be that enticing for Vancouver.

What's going on with Edler ? he seems to have a drop in his offensive production this year. Is he playing well ? Could have been an interesting piece at the deadline (if you're out of the playoff picture) and more reasonable target.
Elder and Shmidt have been top 5 league pairing this season defensively and Edlers not seeing pp time.
As for trading him, won't happen. He's on record that it's Vancouver or bust.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
KK + Gallagher and (2) 1st round is not much?

What would be enough?
Let me see Mtl does not have what it takes to make that kind of a trade.
It's not really about the proposal more that they lose the best player in arguably the most important position to find.
Nucks window is just opening and they have 60 million coming off the books the next two seasons to fill out the roster.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Top 5 worst proposals Ive ever seen on this site. YIKES

Pettersson aint available to Montreal anyways, they couldnt add their 5 best pieces to get Pettersson lol

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
So this morning Habs wish list has Pettersson, Ekholm and OEl on it without giving away much.
oh Shut the f*** up. We all know you're a troll that hates Montreal and like to trigger their fan base and it's getting hella f***ing annoying.

There's no arguing Pettersson is a much better player than KK, but saying Montreal isn't giving much in KK f***ing Gallagher and 2 first round pick for a player and cap dumps is just pissing people off for the hell of it.

Vancouver isn't looking to move Pettersson and Montreal isn't looking to overpay for a single player with cap dumps.

the End.

barrie colts

Feb 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
Agreed. And no way the Canucks accept it either.

Pettersson is simply not a player you trade, period. But that kind of package would cripple MTL, not worth it for them either.

Cripple... not sure about that.

They have plenty of young players in the pipeline to mitigate the loss of Gallagher and 2 future (suspects).
Poehling, Caufield, Ylonen, Tuch, Guhle, Norlinder.
Not to mention the roster youth Romanov, Suzuki, "Pettersson", Anderson, Drouin, Evans.

I do agree the best player is Pettersson, but Van gets overpaid for the (hopefully) future development.
Looks like 1 pt/game this year with a decent supporting cast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad