Proposal: VAN-MTL moving money

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
It cost Calgary ax1stvtobgetbrid of 1 year of Monahan. Mikheyev is a pure 2 year cap dump and Ylonen is a decent bottom 6 player.theres just not enough value for Montreal. This favours Vancouver by a wise margin. I just dont see why Montreal would do it when they're already flush with prospects and pucks. They're looking to start improving. The cap space they have can be better utilized
Fair enough, that makes sense.
I will say it's a bit different compared to Sean because of the fact the cap was still flat and Hughes had Brad by the balls because he needed to move him to get Kadri. But ya it's not a good fit since you guys are not bottoming out and in need of contracts to get to the cap floor but also not quite at the point where you are looking for complimentry depth.
A team like the sharks or hawks make more sense since they need warm bodies

Reactions: Qwijibo

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
To accrue cap yes, but no you don't have to be cap compliant prior to making LTIR moves. I don't think Vancouver has the potential to accrue cap this season looking at their payroll, so they would place Price on offseason LTIR

On the Habs end, everyone is correct the Price contract isn't an issue, but they'll only have $9.4 to spend before they have to go into LTIR unless they move Price. I don't think that's quite enough space to make the additions I'd like to see from them + also accrue cap which they've shown has value to them
League make us cap compliance to start season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad