Proposal: VAN-LA-CHI

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Bad for LA and Chicago.

I know some Canucks fans are saying no due to losing Demko but it’s a decent trade for Vancouver as they would be getting a 1st for the rebuild, a really good underrated shooter in Samuel Fagemo who is NHL ready and should become a regular next season, Martin Chromiak who is in his first pro season in the AHL with Ontario that still has 3 years on his ELC including this season and Chicago’s late 3rd round pick in 2021 the behemoth 6’7” 240lbs/ 201cm 109kg Providence college defenseman Taige Harding who is being slowly developed in the NCAA ranks as a shutdown defensive defenseman.

Vancouver would certainly be kicking off the rebuild right with this deal.

Mrazek could be bought out as Vancouver has dead cap and retention cap coming off the books and a Mrazek buyout is fairly cheap plus the fact that Demko’s cap would be gone as well.

The Canucks would aggressively have to either pursue a goalie in free agency or find a trade for a new starting goaltender. Tristian Jarry comes to mind if he hits the market.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
What a shit deal for Hawks

So the Hawks give up McCabe + 1st + good prospect defender in Harding and a cap dump in Mrazek for the Kings version of Kirby Dach + A much worse cap dump with higher cap hit and extra year in Petersen and a shitty goalie who clearly isn't NHL caliber in Martin and who was mediocre in AHL for years

I am not that high on Byfield obviously and its pretty clear there is still major ? about him going forward with to me him looking a bit like the Kings version of Dach as his future as C is not certain

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
What a shit deal for Hawks

So the Hawks give up McCabe + 1st + good prospect defender in Harding and a cap dump in Mrazek for the Kings version of Kirby Dach + A much worse cap dump with higher cap hit and extra year in Petersen and a shitty goalie who clearly isn't NHL caliber in Martin and who was mediocre in AHL for years

I am not that high on Byfield obviously and its pretty clear there is still major ? about him going forward with to me him looking a bit like the Kings version of Dach as his future as C is not certain
Lol at comparing byfield to dach

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Kings need to fix their goal situation, not trade for someone with as bad of numbers as a goalie they recently sent to the AHL.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
CHI gets:
Petersen 5M
Byfield 3.5 AAV
Martin 762K

LA gets:
Demko 5M x 4
McCabe 50% 2M x 3 years
J. Johnson 950k

VAN gets:
Fagemo 795k
Mrazek 3.2M
CHI 1st Round pick (TB Pick)
Harding signing rights
Chromiak

This is as bad for Vancouver, as it is for Chicago and LA.

Trading Demko at his lowest value reeks of Benning not Allvin and Rutherford (I friggin hope!)

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
Only way Kings give up all that is if Kane is the one coming to LA. And giving up on Byfield right now still would be hard to stomach.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Lol

Two ver good prospects and 1st for demko lol. No wonder Vancouver is in the shits
What? Who are the 2 very good prospects because the is no way Fagemo or Chromiak are considered very good. In fact both are a very high probability to not being nhl players at all. Sure a game here or there or injury fill ins but neither are trending to even be middle 6 wingers. The first is also late (TB’s) and the Canucks take on a cap dump and an unsigned player. What an ignorant post

Reactions: Cogburn

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
What? Who are the 2 very good prospects because the is no way Fagemo or Chromiak are considered very good. In fact both are a very high probability to not being nhl players at all. Sure a game here or there or injury fill ins but neither are trending to even be middle 6 wingers. The first is also late (TB’s) and the Canucks take on a cap dump and an unsigned player. What an ignorant post
You have no clue what you're talking about

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad