I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
giphy.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Okay, let's break this down for each team:

Vancouver trades Demko and Martin for Fagemo, Mrazek, TB's 1st, Harding and Cromiak
Los Angeles trades Petersen, Byfield, Fagemo and Chromiak for Demko, McCabe and Johnson
Chicago trades McCabe, Mrazek, TB's 1st and Harding for Petersen, Byfield and Martin

To me, Vancouver is clearly coming out like bandits. LA and Chicago are hard to gauge because it really depends on how you value Byfield. If you don't value Byfield that highly, Chicago is getting destroyed in this deal by trading McCabe and a 1st for him while also having to take Petersen's contract. If you value Byfield highly, LA is trading an extremely valuable piece for a quantity return.

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY

Vancouver trades Demko and Martin for Fagemo, Mrazek, TB's 1st, Harding and Cromiak
Los Angeles trades Petersen, Byfield, Fagemo and Chromiak for Demko, McCabe and Johnson
Chicago trades McCabe, Mrazek, TB's 1st and Harding for Petersen, Byfield and Martin

To me, Vancouver is clearly coming out like bandits. LA and Chicago are hard to gauge because it really depends on how you value Byfield. If you don't value Byfield that highly, Chicago is getting destroyed in this deal by trading McCabe and a 1st for him while also having to take Petersen's contract. If you value Byfield highly, LA is trading an extremely valuable piece for a quantity return.
Yep

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011

Van easily says no. Chi would be laughing if they could swing it.

And LA isn't trading Byfield. I don't know why people think he's on the block, he's pretty much developing exactly as expected when drafted and is having a good year.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
CHI gets:
Petersen 5M
Byfield 3.5 AAV
Martin 762K

LA gets:
Demko 5M x 4
McCabe 50% 2M x 3 years
J. Johnson 950k

VAN gets:
Fagemo 795k
Mrazek 3.2M
CHI 1st Round pick (TB Pick)
Harding signing rights
Chromiak
Don’t like this for LA. Petersen needs to be dumped or bought out another way.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
There is nothing better than coming up with this wonder of a 3 way trade right before punching out the clock at 5.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Two small winger prospects aren't something we covet, no matter how "very good" they are. We're swamped with wingers, winger prospects, and are actively trying to move NHL level wingers, apparently. You have center and right handed defense prospects, those are what we want and need, which is clearly established at this point. A goaltender prospect I can best describe as "mild" doesn't sway us either.

A late first (very late first according to the OP) is of some interest, but not enough for Demko.

Oh, and we take on Mrazek and his cap hit for next year too. He's statistically worse then Martin, for more than 5 times his cap hit, and it's not that Martin has been a world beater this year. Martin just got waived, and after being lit up behind our junkyard fire of a defense, Mrazek will still have cap hit we need to work around when he is sent down to back up Silovs.

I don't want to comment on behalf of Blackhawks fans, but I don't like it for them either.

Reactions: David Bruce Banner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad