Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] F Jake DeBrusk signs with the Canucks (7 years, $5.5M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
He'll fit in perfectly with the system they play in Vancouver. This is a good signing for the team. They are better because of it. The AAV is right inline with market value. The term is the only thing I dislike. At least he's younger than most players getting those disgusting 7 year deals. It'll age better than most. All in all Vancouver did well here. Just wish the term was shorter.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Double win

I like Debrusk and happy to see him getting paid in full for a long time!
Thrilled my Oilers didn't do this!

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Like the player and the AAV. Not thrilled about the term. Feels like maybe some slight desperation after missing out on Guentzel

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Like the player and the AAV. Not thrilled about the term. Feels like maybe some slight desperation after missing out on Guentzel
Eh, hard to say they missed out on Guentzel when it wasn’t even an option. He was gone before free agency

Reactions: Fraser28

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Like this signing for Vancouver. Not an over payment for the intangible he brings.

1st three years NMC

Last four years M-NTC 15 team no trade. (if reports are accurate)

Reactions: Fraser28

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Eh, hard to say they missed out on Guentzel when it wasn’t even an option. He was gone before free agency

I mean they moved out Mik almost certainly to go hard for Guentzel. Yea they didn’t have the chance but they had less than a day to pivot after reports he signed with Tampa.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
No, no it wasn’t. Guentzel would have been nice but you don’t plan around a player you can’t even negotiate with

They couldn’t have even offered him a deal without dumping Mik. It was very clear he was their target and they had to pivot when he was off the market. Not saying they wouldn’t have wanted to free up cap anyway, but that was very obviously their plan. Not sure how you’re disagreeing with it tbh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad