Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] G Kevin Lankinen signs with the Canucks (1 year, $875k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
I’m not so sure it marks any difference to Demko’s injury status so much as Lankinin caved. Demko was probably always likely to miss games and then need a slow reintroduction - if at all. The injury is apparently unprecedented so who knows. Canucks weren’t willing to go into LTIR to address that risk and Lankinen caved; credit to Alvin.

Canucks probably promised Lankenin that they would trade him if and when Demko was healthy and he wouldn’t have to be in a long term three headed rotation with Silovs. There will be teams looking for goalies after injuries in the season. In the meantime, Lankinen needs NHL action, which he will get with Vancouver.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I think it's more to give Silvos a chance to make mistakes without being thrown right back in pretty much every night. We'll likely platoon both him and Lankinen until Demko is ready.
This, if Silovs is relied on the team needs a solid backup plan so they don’t derail is progression. Even with Demko 100% healthy they were going to get another goalie to ease Silov’s workload

Reactions: Peter Griffin

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Good move. I’m not as confident in Silovs as some. He played better in the playoffs than expected but his save percentage was still .881 in a small sample size.
Demko needs to play a lot less games this year as his workload has been crazy.
Acquiring Laniken allows them to do that.

Reactions: Bourne Endeavor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad