Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] F Kiefer Sherwood signs with the Canucks (2 years, $1.5M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Seems like one of those trolls that i'd rather have on my team at a cheap price like that, rather than having to deal with on another team i guess. That's about the most positive thing i can say about it. But i don't really have anything negative to say about it either. More aggressive Lafferty replacement basically. Hopefully he's got some more consistency to sustain that.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Love it. Cheap and low-term. Almost no risk involved. And another one of My Guys I wanted Allvin to acquire.

He's got some untapped scoring potential. But even if he doesn't hit another level, his style should suit Tocc's system perfectly. He's a forechecking beast and hits a ton. He should provide depth scoring and be able to move up the lineup when needed. Like Debrusk, brings some needed speed.

Seems like one of those trolls that i'd rather have on my team at a cheap price like that, rather than having to deal with on another team i guess. That's about the most positive thing i can say about it. But i don't really have anything negative to say about it either. More aggressive Lafferty replacement basically. Hopefully he's got some more consistency to sustain that.
He's far more useful and effective than Lafferty. This is another TBOB from Allvin.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I'm glad he found a job somewhere in the league. He definitely puts in the effort. End of the day he's not big enough for his physicality to make much of a difference, and his skating and skills aren't quite good enough for him to have any scoring or defensive role. But he didn't give up on his dream, he just kept working and managed to find a way to stick despite lacking all those physical tools.

Preds fans didn't want him back, because we have a surfeit of mediocre tweener type players as it is, but I think on the whole we admired the effort he gave and are glad that he found a job elsewhere in the league. He will always hustle if nothing else.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
This is awesome.

Brings snarl and forechecking to our bottom six and we gave him a very low deal with very little term. Will be useful for us and there is virtually no risk.
It's a shame that so many nuck fans aren't able to understand how good of a day Alvin had and instead focus on not landing Guentzel or one of the other more noticable name that were attached to just absolute shit contracts, or not paying 5×6 for a d
man that was 6th in ice time in the regular season.

We've got plenty of star power and are a team that's now flush with depth, elite pkers and a massive Dcore that are wrongfully being called slow.

This team is going to be able to grind down teams, got a lot faster and still has a top six that's full of elite skill. Now we just need Lekkerimakki and Podz to force themselves into the top six during camp.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad