Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] F Dakota Joshua signs extension with the Canucks (4 years, $3.25M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
With how depressed Canucks seemed to be the last couple months I'm surprised how pumped they are about running the same team back with raises.

You don't think there's a good chance Canucks are in the finals if they had their 40 goal scorer, and vezina caliber goaltender in the playoffs?

Reactions: TMLife17

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
And somehow they still wound up with more points than the Oil?

How did a "bottom third scoring team" manage 109 points on the season if they were such crap from January onwards? Make it make sense, hockey guru.
You do realize there are goals for and goals against?

They did better goals against. I never said anything there was unsustainable, just the goals for.

But maybe you are angry I criticized one aspect of the Canucks game that was obviously out of line with all historical stats so you will just be mad instead of admitting the truth to yourself.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
What are you talking about?

The Canucks scoring fell off hugely in the last half of the season.

The facts are they scored like a bottom third team since around January.

Maybe check your take assessing machine?
FFS give it a break…. It’s the off-season …go out for a walk…..hate everything Canuck again in the Fall….

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Yeah. It's the sort of money allocated to a "3rd line" that kind of necessitates that Petey is going to have to drag around some useless lumps for most of the years. Probably still enough money to find him one good winger, but the other wing is going to be...like the JT+Boeser line, where it's mostly a revolving door of whatever filler.

That's alright though i guess. It's not terrible to build around "duos" like this, in today's NHL.
Right or wrong, there's belief Lekkerimakki has a really good chance to make the team.
Personally I think Podkolzin who looked good a couple of years ago with EP and JT, will be given every chance in the pre- season to step up his role

Reactions: DL44

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
He showed some really good upside. Top 6 even strength type production in 3rd line minutes and got much better as the season went on. He's a staple on that top tier 3rd line but I can honestly see him getting bumped up to the top 2 lines and doing well there. Excellent contract.

Caboose

Jan 16, 2019
For probably half the year that Garland Jashuo duo with Suter/Bleuger/Lindholm whomever was the heart of the team. No matter how bad the rest of the team played that line seemed to always generate momentum and zone time every time they are ok the ice. Having that sort of power on the third line is a luxury only top contenders usually have.

As long as these cap hits don't take away from finding a heavy hitter to ride shotgun with Peterson I'm thrilled to have these guys back at those cap hits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad