Proposal: VAN / DAL

Feb 24, 2017
It feels weird to think of Tyler Seguin as too old for anything, but I think he’s too old for the Canucks to give up a whole bunch of futures for. I know he’s wicked good and all but he’s not worth his contract to this specific team. I don’t know how to explain it really, but I just don’t think he’s a good fit for where Vancouver is in their build.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It feels weird to think of Tyler Seguin as too old for anything, but I think he’s too old for the Canucks to give up a whole bunch of futures for. I know he’s wicked good and all but he’s not worth his contract to this specific team. I don’t know how to explain it really, but I just don’t think he’s a good fit for where Vancouver is in their build.

I agree and also the OP offer was pretty ridiculously low as well.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Think more along the lines of Pettersson + Juolevi + 2020 1st + 2021 1st

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Are we having a battle of the most ridiculous offer now?

That s*** has more sense than the one thrown by OP. EP is the only thing that makes sense to trade Seguin for, from DAL's perspective. He is not on the block, no matter what comments were made.

Horvat isn't so much younger than Seguin and is considerably lesser player.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
That s*** has more sense than the one thrown by OP. EP is the only thing that makes sense to trade Seguin for, from DAL's perspective. He is not on the block, no matter what comments were made.

Wouldn’t trade Pettersson for Seguin 1/1. So no doesn’t make a lot of sense

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Wouldn’t trade Pettersson for Seguin 1/1. So no doesn’t make a lot of sense

I didn't say it makes sense overall. Said it makes more sense than op proposal. Also noted that it would have the right kind of sense for DALLAS

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle

Horvat is three years younger and he’s pretty damn close as a player.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
I just wish they selected a defenseman other than Juolevi. I'm starting to think that guy is a bust.

It's still too early to tell. He's 20. Last year he played against men back in Finland and did quite well. This year he played in the AHL, and though he was still finding his way defensively, offensively on th PP, he was showing his worth.

To me, those are good signs. You can teach defense but you can't teach offence. Still a big step to take into th NHL, but he's trending in the right direction. Sure there are guys from is draft class that have established themselves quicker but it's not a sprint. It's a marathon.

For example, Subban, Webber, didn't play their first NHL games until their D+3 years. Unfortunately for Juolevi, he got injured, because that was the plan for him for the second half of this season, to make his debut in his d+3 year. Let's hope the injury doesn't stall his development too much.

Also everyone was writing Virtanen off but he's now coming into his own at age 22, so can't write Juolevi off yet, especially because defensmen take longer to develop in general.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
no thanks, Canucks cant risk that many lottery tickets for another C, we have two good ones already

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Neither team does this trade. Actually I don't really understand why Dallas wouldn't do it, because I think it's a good deal for Dallas, but Dallas fans have said no.

Vancouver has historically managed its cap exceptionally well, and I don't think they bring in a guy making $9.85 when they are trying to re-sign their young forwards, because they don't want to set that payment standard on the team yet. If the Canucks are trying to re-sign guys like Boeser to $7.5m, it doesn't look good when they are happy to pay another top-line guy $9.85. This isn't a statement on the value of Seguin or the Canucks cap situation when they sign him, just how the Canucks tend to manage their payroll raises on the team.

The Canucks will look for a veteran option at LW, and a top-4 dman if they are contending at the deadline. I also don't think the value is there for the Canucks with this trade. This is also in excess of the same type of compensation Anaheim/Edmonton received for Pronger and I think Pronger is a much better player than Seguin at both points in his career.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah the OP was so bad I felt guilty not paying admission to witness it, but these counter offers are worse. What's the point of those offers? Nearly every Canucks fan has said the OP is awful, all you're doing by suggesting our ELC players already out scoring Seguin in fewer games is trying to troll the fan base because one guy played too much NHL 19 this morning. If we get to 5 or 6 of these threads by different posters then you can get defensive, until then the counter offers look way more stupid.

Reactions: hittes petr sykora

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad