Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] F Dakota Joshua signs extension with the Canucks (4 years, $3.25M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WiLBoY

Aug 29, 2009
Imagine if we can get Zadorov on a good contract as well

Who would want to play with Vancouver in a playoff series? Even if you can beat them, you will come out with your entire team banged up

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Even if he drops a few goals from last year, he still brings a ton of physicality and is a very good penalty killer. I think it's worth the risk at this $.
this is the thing.

He has high hockey IQ, is an excellent PKer, great hands for a big man and is a punishing hitter and a load to stop which creates room for others. If his shooting pctg regresses he still brings a ton of utility to the team and in areas the Canucks and many teams are looking for.

Solid deal. PA doing some excellent work so far

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

tanti9

Dec 18, 2023
Nice signing by PA!! I did think he was gone with rumor's he was going to get 4+ on July 1st. This will be for naught if the Nucks cannot get someone to play with EP. Get JG and big Z signed, then go bargain hunting or promote within. This management seem to have a plan in place and are making sensible decisions, lets hope this continues!!

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I really like Joshua's interviews, very professional, succinct and a no nonsense air about him. I suspect he shoulders a lot more leadership and has a bigger voice in the room than we think.

That third line will be heavily relied upon as we saw how the Janmark Henrique line helped Oilers come back against stronger competition when they started contributing.

Allvin is locking down a contender here.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Good deal for Joshua and for Vancouver. Glad Joshua found some stability and a big pay day for his hard work.

PS. can some native English speaker tell me if "we had our looks" is the new "we had our chances"? And if so, why?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
this is the thing.

He has high hockey IQ, is an excellent PKer, great hands for a big man and is a punishing hitter and a load to stop which creates room for others. If his shooting pctg regresses he still brings a ton of utility to the team and in areas the Canucks and many teams are looking for.

Solid deal. PA doing some excellent work so far

Yup. Garland and Joshua played over 550 minutes together 5v5 last year and had a 70.5% GF% and a 61.7% xGF%. Even if Joshua’s shooting percentage regresses that line should continue outscoring opponents at a decent rate.

Last edited:

apollo18

Oct 20, 2018
I think it’s also important to note that, even if he’s not scoring, he hits like a truck, and is one of the best penalty killers on our team.

That leaves about 17m to sign A top 6 Winger ( or two ) and a defender + Silovs.

Easily dooable

maybe Guent @ 8.75, Zadorov @ 4.75, Myers @ 3.25, Silovs @ remainder

one can hope

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Joshua was slightly more productive per game than Foegele this year while being one of the top hitters in the game and Foegele already makes 2.75 so how much more is he going to make? Foegele has the longer track record of production but he also doesn’t get the size premium, so I doubt he’d get much more than this.
he scored 20 goals last year and has had a longer track record of production

paying an eventual 32-year 3.25 mil based on one good season is bonkers IMO...I hope the Oilers don't pay Foegele that much..yikes

• Haha

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

paying an eventual 32-year 3.25 mil based on one good season is bonkers IMO...I hope the Oilers don't pay Foegele that much..yikes

And Joshua scored 18 in 63 games…Foegele also had half his production next to Draisaitl.

Again, this is 500K more than Foegele has been getting in a rising cap world and I’d say it’s been a solid deal for him. There’s some risk with age and regression, but he won’t turn 32 until the playoffs of the last year, and he doesn’t have many miles on him.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Fortunately you already have Nurse, Campbell and Connor Brown’s bonus next year all signed to great contracts!

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
And Joshua scored 18 in 63 games…Foegele also had half his production next to Draisaitl.

Again, this is 500K more than Foegele has been getting in a rising cap world and I’d say it’s been a solid deal for him. There’s some risk with age and regression, but he won’t turn 32 until the playoffs of the last year, and he doesn’t have many miles on him.
and Joshua shot at a 21% shooting rate while Foegele was at 10%

typically 28 year olds, especially those just finishing their 2nd full season.. don't get better with age

Fortunately you already have Nurse, Campbell and Connor Brown’s bonus next year all signed to great contracts!
and your team is still paying OEL not to play with you for 4 more years!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad