Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] D Vincent Desharnais signs with the Canucks (2 years, $2M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Happy for Vinny. Deserves to get paid after working his tail off to become a full-time NHLer and great locker room guy.

Also congrats Canucks for signing our #7/8 defenceman.

Drew Doubty

Apr 4, 2010
Vancouver, B.C.
Vinny was a fan favorite for sure in Edmonton.. Truly one of the 'good' guys so not a good fit in Vancouver. He is also a late bloomer and could very well take another step ahead and become a solid 2nd pairing Dman. All he has done is improve and was arguably as good as Ceci if not better for long stretches in the season.
Are you implying that the Oilers, the team with Kane, Perry, and who gave a chance to Jake Virtanen post allegations are the "good" guys?

Happy for Vinny. Deserves to get paid after working his tail off to become a full-time NHLer and great locker room guy.

Also congrats Canucks for signing our #7/8 defenceman.
Thanks, I'm not happy about it.

• Haha
Reactions: PuckG and Coffey

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Bit of a head scratcher signing for me with his skating so suspect and not very physical for his size. However he's just a depth guy really but would have preferred to keep the 2 mil cap hit for a better choice in a trade. We really need to get a top 4 RHD to play with Soucy and drop Myers down to the 3rd pair.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Bit of a head scratcher signing for me with his skating so suspect and not very physical for his size. However he's just a depth guy really but would have preferred to keep the 2 mil cap hit for a better choice in a trade. We really need to get a top 4 RHD to play with Soucy and drop Myers down to the 3rd pair.

Good enough for a #7. It's a win win from this oil fan

• Haha
Reactions: Killer Orcas

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
no they dont. unless they move a garland/hoglander. they have at least 1mill. without silovs signed.

plus the offseason teams can go 10 percent over the cap until the first game of the regular season starts then they have to be cap complaint. weather thats dressing a 21 man roster or 22.
You quoted the explanation of why we have up to 6 million dollars in space right below mine?

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Have to disagree, there's no issue with speed on the backend and as far as this off-season they got a great fit for EP and every forward they signed is a great fit in the system and best of all not one bloated term or AAV

People get so enamoured with name recognition when the reality of it hockey is more about fit and systems and this team is loaded with size, 2 foot players, tons of depth. All while having three guys that can score 40, several ppg guys and a bunch of 20 goal scorers and one of the best goalies in the game.

They are a better team than the one that opened the season and will be an absolute pain to play against.
Alvin has gone out and built a team based on the mantra of the staff and no one line or player needs to set records every year I'm order to win.
Lekkerimakki is a real wild card as well, he's coming off a year that really couldn't have gone much better on a personal level and there's no reason he can't jump right in like many other Swedes with less production have done coming out of the SHL.

I think both our teams seperated themselves from the rest of the Pacific, yet neither team added a Stamkos but neither team needed to because both team already have enough high -end talent and in the nucks case, just swapping out Mikheyev for Debrusk is a big improvement.

What are the odds we have a home and home again to kick off the season? Clearly after this last season the league would be dumb not to foster the rivalry that's been growing, especially with the flames a likely bottom three team this year the battle of Alberta isnt all that appealing.

Only 3 vs Nucks.. blown opportunity IMO.

And I meant free agenzy and not TDL in my other reply.lol

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Hughes-Hronek
Soucy- X
Forbort-Myers
Desharnais-Juulsen

I like the depth and size, just need a puck mover on the second pair. Pretty sure that is going to be PA's main focus going forward.

Before bashing our D, keep in mind we started last season with:
Hughes-Hronek
Soucy- Cole
Friedman-Myers
That core played very well and we were at the top of the league defensively. Having a solid coaching group and system goes a long way.

Reactions: David71

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
If you're going to overpay, it's probably not ideal to do it for a #6 D-man. But having said that, it's hardly a crippling contract. The biggest thing with Vinny is to remember that that's what he is - a #6. The Oilers had some serious issues with their second pair, and any time Desharnais was playing really well in his role, he was given more responsibility to pick up the slack for Nurse and Ceci. He was unable to handle the tougher minutes with regularity.

If Myers and Soucy can hold their own so that Desharnais can play the role that he's supposed to, he'll be fine. For the 'tanjibows crowd, the upside is that his teammates will love him.

Great on the PK, good battler, underrated passer, and the best double-headlock guy in the league.

Reactions: PuckG and Grantham

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Hughes-Hronek
Soucy- X
Forbort-Myers
Desharnais-Juulsen

I like the depth and size, just need a puck mover on the second pair. Pretty sure that is going to be PA's main focus going forward.

Before bashing our D, keep in mind we started last season with:
Hughes-Hronek
Soucy- Cole
Friedman-Myers
That core played very well and we were at the top of the league defensively. Having a solid coaching group and system goes a long way.
I don’t disagree in principle but at 2AAV suspect they want Desharnais to be #6D to start the season.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Listened to his interview on 650 this morning ……sounds like a good guy, happy to be a Canuck….looking forward to see what Foote, Gonchar and Tochet can do with him….didn’t realize he had played in the ‘Wack….

Reactions: Grantham

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad