Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] D Tyler Myers signs extension with the Canucks (3 years, $3M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
That’s another tidy piece of business.

Myers had his best season as a Canuck last year, and he was very good in the playoffs, he’s also big and a right handed D.

Still makes some mistakes from time to time, but a huge system player for us now.

That’s a pretty good deal, a nice discount.

The only thing I wish is if it was two years, not 3

Last edited:

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Something I couldn't imagine happening before last season. My how things change. Myers back for another stretch, half and half of the previous contract.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
So that leaves how much now?

14m for Jake, Zado, and silovs?

I don’t think it’s possible to make it work, Zado gone?

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Big fan of this deal. Really thrived under Toch/Foote/Gonchar. He learned to control the chaos

And he got even better once Zadorov joined the club. It's like he realized, hey I'm 6'8", I can squash these puny forwards whenever I want :)
I think the most impressive thing is the fact that he barely turned the puck over in the entire entire playoffs, which compared to the previous years is pretty wild

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
He wasn't worth the $6mil obviously but I think $3mil is market value. Should be more impactful come playoffs next year.

Reactions: wetcoast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad