Confirmed with Link: VAN/COL Poolman (20% retained) + 2025 4th for Erik Brannstrom(Waived)

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Oh for sure just hope that it doesn't cost EP2 and KK opportunity and it probably wont but also a little interested what they do with a couple of these guys
I like to think that the current braintrust won't allow the prospects to get bumped from the lineup unless they clearly aren't cutting it.

There are only three LHD remaining with the big club at the moment, so Brannstrom as the contract coming back to Vancouver makes sense. Hirose in my opinion is just a guy to fill in for injuries, players who get called up, occasional B2B relief or unacceptably weak prospect play. Brisebois is a wild card. Wolanin is a guy who could probably be given away to another organization if they are satisfied with the LD situation without him, which would require probably at least two of: Brannstrom looking like a capable #4 NHL LD, Brisebois being healthy and in respectable playing form, Kudryavtsev looking good enough that he could be called up if necessary.

Reactions: sting101 and arttk

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
He's as durable as their captain, what's not to like? :sarcasm:

giphy.gif

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
There are two issues with this. The first is they’d still need to waive one of Aman, Friedman, or Juulsen. The second is that I seriously doubt they’ll only have one regular goalie and one emergency goalie at home practices.
For sure there would be issues. I was just pointing out that it could be done. On days where Silovs wasn't going to practice anyway, it would be an easy way to accrue cap space.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
The Benning mess is finally cleaned up . That’s disappointing that Brannstrom has been playing so poorly , I was hoping he would play on the bottom pairing but obviously Allvin knows what’s best

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
Brannstrom had pretty good underlying numbers on a really bad Sens team last year. Poor camp aside, I can definitely see this coaching staff being able to turn him around assuming he makes it through waivers.

1728253051240.png

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Brannstrom must have been really bad in order to get traded before he ever played a regular season game with the team he just signed with.
Must have. It wasn't too long ago that he was the next big thing in Ottawa.
This is the best meme for this forum.

I think we’ll be 1.2-1.3 below the cap after another forward goes.

I know, Im still not happy about it
He's an asset at $3M.

Last edited:

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
While I agree that "VCR" is a dumb shortened version of Vancouver, I think the day I'm on a hockey forum like "Brannstrom got traded to my TV?? Huh???" is the day I go in for an assessment.
Couvy should simply be shortened to CVY. Make it simple and easy for everyone.

Last edited:

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Just shows how bad JB’s moves were. The number of assets the team has used to get off Dickinson, Poolman, and such.
At some point the Canucks need to find some young guys who can add something to the middle of their lineup.
Shouldn't have dumped Dickinson like they did though. Worst move R&A have made by far.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Theyll waive Bains, IR Joshua then recall Bains. Thus keeping 3 goalies, right?
Bains and Raty are 'waiver exempt'......and now that the deadline for putting Aman on waivers has passed, it's basically down to those two guys.

Canucks Army speculating that it'll be Bains, who was the 'extra forward' at today's practice.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
There goes da Poolma
I feel bad for Poolman and his concussion issues. I wish him well. That being said I still can't believe Benning signed him to that contract.
I feel bad he got injured but he sucked as a player before the injury (for us). Turned pretty much a 'career year" (his last season or so with his previous team) into the puke contract DimJim handed him. At least he was better than Tim Schaller who was only good at sucking oxygen (didn't hit, didn't check, little offensive ability, little defensive ability, didn't fight, etc., just 'was there').

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad