Confirmed with Link: [VAN/CHI] Ilya Mikheyev(15% Retained), Sam Lafferty(Rights), 2027 2nd round pick for 2027 4th round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Not really a fan of this one. Think mikhayev is going to have a solid bounce back this fall. That will make it 5 drafts in a row without a second. 6 missing at least a 1st or a 2nd. Cannot just keep putting everything on the creditcard.

Go knock this next week out of the park and prove me wrong.
Florida hasn't picked a relevant player outside of the 1st round since 2013 (Weegar). It isn't ideal but the fact that we traded away 2nds 3/4 years ago should have no impact on what we should do with our picks now.

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
Also, posters that are suggesting the Mikheyev signing was dumb because of this trade are 100% ignoring what was a completely unpredictable and catastrophic injury to this player given his playing style.

And the risk of a bounce back isn’t just your normal risk since it’s possible he will never regain his explosive speed.
He was pretty good his 1st year, and is still a useful player even if he doesn’t get his step back.

He just represents an inefficient contract for his production, and is an active deterrent to what the Canucks seem to be trying to do this off-season.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Great trade. Recent cap dumps were suggesting that it would take a first, so to give up a second and get a fourth is outstanding value.

People complaining about losing a second in a couple years given the context of the team have totally lost the plot.
Depends what they spend it on. Get a star, go big.

Reactions: Indiana

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Say yes, obviously not a fan at all about trading draft picks , but at least we still have our 1st

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
I was assuming it was going to take our 1st in 25’ to get this done. Great that it’s only costing us a 2nd and we receive a pick back.

Nice work.

We keep our 1st for the deadline as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad