Confirmed Trade: [VAN/CGY] Elias Lindholm for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st, cond. 2024 4th

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
That game by Lindholm was worth a 1st. More importantly, it was worth far more than every meaningless goal Kuzmenko scored for the flames (still love the guy btw).

Chest puffing about a trade is always stupid. Canucks fans did it earlier about Hronek after 15 games...don't see anyone doing it now that he's in a rut. It's dumb and immature. Trades can be win/wins and that's ok.

Agreed.

He's been very good all series. That is why teams make trades like this one. They do it so the player can help them in the playoffs. He's scored in 2 games and game 4 may very well have been the dagger the Preds can't overcome. It's looking like Lindholm was a key factor in the Canucks making it to the 2nd round with a chance to keep it going. That is exactly what they could have hoped for when making this trade. Win/Win for sure.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Agreed.

He's been very good all series. That is why teams make trades like this one. They do it so the player can help them in the playoffs. He's scored in 2 games and game 4 may very well have been the dagger the Preds can't overcome. It's looking like Lindholm was a key factor in the Canucks making it to the 2nd round with a chance to keep it going. That is exactly what they could have hoped for when making this trade. Win/Win for sure.
Let’s not speak in past tense yet, need to win one more gam but yeah he has been good so far. Worth the trade.

Reactions: Szechwan

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Garland is one of the few wingers on the team who I trust to carry the puck through the neutral zone.
Feels like the other candidates are simply centremen who shift to wing in the Canucks lineup.

Reactions: Regal

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast

Canucks 4, Predators 3 (OT): Brock Boeser the saviour, Elias Lindholm the hero​

Boeser strikes twice with goalie pulled for first playoff hat trick, Lindholm scores overtime winner, Arturs Silovs holds the fort

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
What does this have to do with Kuzmenko

I think the rather obvious point is that the Canucks are starting to get value out of Lindholm and are not missing Kuzmenko, whom they traded as part of the package for Lindholm.

Also, for the record, Kuzmenko is a good 2nd line support player, nothing more.

Reactions: nucks88

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
He’s been what they needed and what they were hoping for with the trade. He’s healthier now and fitting in exactly when they needed him to. 104 pages of vitriol to just say….”well that worked out”.
He has been a difference maker for us this series. We would likely be down 3-1 without him. Huge add for the Canucks playoff run.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I think the rather obvious point is that the Canucks are starting to get value out of Lindholm and are not missing Kuzmenko, whom they traded as part of the package for Lindholm.

Also, for the record, Kuzmenko is a good 2nd line support player, nothing more.
I get that, but it makes far more sense to bump the trade thread rather than one singularly on Kuzmenko.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Let’s not speak in past tense yet, need to win one more gam but yeah he has been good so far. Worth the trade.
Someone sacrifice a virgin, I'm sure Edmonton has a surplus lol. Never look ahead.
Love Lindholm and am still hoping we find a way to keep him, Myers and Zads, which likely means moving Hronek and Mikheyev and signing Tanev to play with Quinn, hopefully as a placeholder for Willander if he pans out.

Hronek would easily be able to fetch a young winger to play with EP.
Hronek needs to be on a team with a spot on pp1 and from a nucks pov moving him for a winger preferably on an ELC, freeing up money for 2 maybe 3 of Zads, Myers and Tanev? Or at least a large chunk of their contracts.

Sorry got a bit side tracked.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Canucks only traded for Lindholm to help with a playoff run (and free up cap space next season in dumping Kuz). People who prematurely judged this trade based on his limited regular season results with the team totally missed the point of the trade and embarrassed themselves. I guess some people were never taught to not count your chickens before they hatch.

HitterD

Apr 25, 2022
Calgary
Honestly, it seems that both sides are pretty happy here. The Flames got really good value for an underperforming upcoming UFA, and Kuzmenko's hot streak fueled even more good feelings while Lindholm was injured/struggling to find his groove for VAN.

Fast forward to the playoffs and it looks like Lindholm is providing exactly what the Canucks were hoping for when they traded for him.

This trade may be one of those rare win-win's and I hope that is the case. I hate hoping for players traded away from my team to fail, so I hope Lindholm continues to play very well, and I suspect most Flames fans feel the same.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Honestly, it seems that both sides are pretty happy here. The Flames got really good value for an underperforming upcoming UFA, and Kuzmenko's hot streak fueled even more good feelings while Lindholm was injured/struggling to find his groove for VAN.

Fast forward to the playoffs and it looks like Lindholm is providing exactly what the Canucks were hoping for when they traded for him.

This trade may be one of those rare win-win's and I hope that is the case. I hate hoping for players traded away from my team to fail, so I hope Lindholm continues to play very well, and I suspect most Flames fans feel the same.
Yup. Kuzmenko is a perfect fit for a rebuilding club. He’s fun, and exciting. Lindholm is a guy teams need to be a winner. Good deal for both clubs considering each has different goals.

Reactions: HitterD

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Really bad trade for the Nucks.

Lindholm has been good since returning from some missed games, and was a good target to upgrade the 3C position, but that's not the price they paid nor the intended position he'd fill.

Nucks were weak at the wing before the trade, and now that hole is massive. It also doesn't help the C depth, cause now Pettersson is completely useless without his play driver.

This team was bottom 10 in scoring before Kuz, and went right back to that the day he was traded.

Zadorov, Suter, Blueger, Lafferty, Cole, Hronek etc. The list goes on for moves made to address the overall D and PK. Why the FFFF would you trade away one of your top offensive catalysts and leading goal scorer from the previous year!?

We now have half a dozen wingers, that are combined for ZERO goals in the last 20-30 games.

They traded away the exact skillset they are now missing, in the name of '2 way play'.

Toch should have been strong armed into giving Kuz more rope, or at least a move needed to be made to address the winger void after.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Really bad trade for the Nucks.

Lindholm has been good since returning from some missed games, and was a good target to upgrade the 3C position, but that's not the price they paid nor the intended position he'd fill.

Nucks were weak at the wing before the trade, and now that hole is massive. It also doesn't help the C depth, cause now Pettersson is completely useless without his play driver.

This team was bottom 10 in scoring before Kuz, and went right back to that the day he was traded.

Zadorov, Suter, Blueger, Lafferty, Cole, Hronek etc. The list goes on for moves made to address the overall D and PK. Why the FFFF would you trade away one of your top offensive catalysts and leading goal scorer from the previous year!?

We now have half a dozen wingers, that are combined for ZERO goals in the last 20-30 games.

They traded away the exact skillset they are now missing, in the name of '2 way play'.

Toch should have been strong armed into giving Kuz more rope, or at least a move needed to be made to address the winger void after.
L

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I don’t think I’ve seen more hand wringing over a player than I’ve seen over Kuzmenko here. Is he going to cure some disease or something like that? Invent the sequel to Velcro? I watched the guy play post trade, he’s good? Nothing to cry over. Vancouver doesn’t seem to miss him, moved him out to a team that will use him more, and got a great piece for a playoff run.

What a nothing burger trade for the rest of the league fans. For Nucks and Calgary fans it’s 104 pages of toxic horse pucky.

Reactions: CascadiaPuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad