Tyler Angle
2022 1st round draft pick

To Philadelphia Flyers

JT Miller

To Vancouver Canucks

Shayne Gostisbehere
Morgan Frost
Zayde Wisdom

So our NHL center depth is Pettersson, Graovac, Beagle and MacEwen? With Focht and Angle in Abbotsford?

Reactions: bh53

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I don't think VAN makes either trades, Horvat is a legit 1C, great one two punch with Pettersson. Miller has been very good but as VAN I would not mind trading him but this package is putrid, Ghost was on waivers, he has negative value right now. meaning you value Frost + Wisdom (not because you had one good season in the AHL that your value jumps up massively) > Miller, that's a hot take in my opinion

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I can see someone did their research on AHL scoring by prospects. Foudy and Angle were among about ten AHL rookies above a point per game. I can't imagine the Jackets moving them and the 2022 1st, unless that 1st is top 5 protected. And obviously I would expect Canucks fans to hate the trade.

Reactions: Viqsi

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Seems Horvat ought to be a building block vs on the trading block
If it's futures you're after I'd offer the Sharks 1st in 2021. Merkley and Bordeleau for Horvat. Not a lot in the cupboard I'm afraid

Reactions: YP44

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I don't think CBJ has a problem moving Angle and Foudy, but definitely not their best 1st rounder with them.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
To Columbus Blue Jackets

Bo Horvat

To Vancouver Canucks

Liam Foudy
Tyler Angle

To Philadelphia Flyers

JT Miller

To Vancouver Canucks

Shayne Gostisbehere
Morgan Frost
Zayde Wisdom
Do the Flyers get dinner first before they get screwed?

Listing of top 9 players Flyers whose best position is wing and not center.
G
Voracek
JVR
Farabee
Konecky
Laughton
Lindblom
Allison (should make roster next year)
G and Laughton can play center but far better at wing. Wings are honestly last need on the roster.

If the Flyers are trading their youth its for a legit no 2 d man. They need a d-man badly to pair with Provorov. Frost should be the 3c next year unless AV has gone full tropic thunder. Trade makes zero sense for Flyers.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Lottery-protect the pick and I'd say "yeah, okay, sure".

I mean that seems like two top prospects for Horvat right now. While he is a very good player, I'd need more of a 1C. If you view Foudy as a good not great prospect this makes more sense.

Its also worth noting as their 1C most of the year, they finished behind Ottawa. He would help but I would hesitate to say he would instantly solve CBJ center issues.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
To Columbus Blue Jackets

Bo Horvat

To Vancouver Canucks

Liam Foudy
Tyler Angle

To Philadelphia Flyers

JT Miller

To Vancouver Canucks

Shayne Gostisbehere
Morgan Frost
Zayde Wisdom
I don't see Vancouver doing either one of those and from a Columbus viewpoint, I'd imagine they would do it but I'm pretty certain 2022 1st is off the table until we see the construction of this team heading into camp. I don't see Horvat in Columbus. Even in the current proposal I don't see the value being there for Vancouver.

Reactions: CBJx614

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
This is absolutely terrible for the Flyers.

T.J. Miller, for as good as he's been, is the 2nd to last thing this team needs. The first is more defensemen for the left side, so kudos for not including one of those, at least?

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
To Columbus Blue Jackets

Bo Horvat

To Vancouver Canucks

Liam Foudy
Tyler Angle

To Philadelphia Flyers

JT Miller

To Vancouver Canucks

Shayne Gostisbehere
Morgan Frost
Zayde Wisdom
Jt is a very good player but I don’t think he gets a prospect like frost, and wisdom has looked great looking like a gem for where we picked him, flyers don’t really need wingers is what it comes down to mostly tho, we need a #2rhd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad