Proposal: Van / Car

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
this is bad for the canes

the difference between dougie and tanev isn't a dude that is oft scratched and a 2nd

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Is Goldobin a better prospect than I think?
Otherwise this is horribad for Carolina.
No one wants Tanev.
And Carolina needs Offense.

I've suggested in the past something around Boeser to Carolina for one of their D, makes more sense for both sides.

That makes zero sense for Nucks. While we def need D, Boeser is our only top line wing and we are seriously bereft of Winger depth.

I like Hamilton, but I do have serious questions about the locker room issues

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
canes laugh so that is awful. a way to often injured offensively challenged defenceman. a B level prospect and a second round pick. Hamilton costs Thatcher Demko +++, or Bo Horvat ++, Brock Boeser ++, or Elias Pettersson . You don't like the cost that is fine but it would be around that. take canes needs in to account a young goalie or offensive minded top 6 talent

as a canes fan, I laughed at this. If the Canes could get Boeser I'd give up Hamilton and Ferland. probably add a pick too.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
canes laugh so that is awful. a way to often injured offensively challenged defenceman. a B level prospect and a second round pick. Hamilton costs Thatcher Demko +++, or Bo Horvat ++, Brock Boeser ++, or Elias Pettersson . You don't like the cost that is fine but it would be around that. take canes needs in to account a young goalie or offensive minded top 6 talent

The OP sucks but Carolina doesn’t have a player on their roster that is worth EP. Slavin is the only guy in the same stratosphere

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
No one wants Tanev.

I've suggested in the past something around Boeser to Carolina for one of their D, makes more sense for both sides.
Nobody really knows what Goldobin is still. The coach still doesn't like his defensive game so he gets benched or limited minutes constantly while there are players who can play defence but are offensive black holes so its really hard to tell.

Either way this is bad for Carolina from a value standpoint. And I wouldn't even entertain Boeser for Hamilton even for a second. There seems to be way to may issues with Hamilton on each team and he keeps getting moved around raises some red flags. Yea he is a hell of a D and can put up points but something is off about him that is causing problems and he can't seem to find a long term home for whatever reason.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Hamilton is like Duchene. Hes good, but do people really want to give up a lot for him?

Why yes Ott was very happy to do so thanks for asking!

On a serious note I agree. Hamilton’s value certainly isn’t as high as some on here think. Very talented player but seems like something goes on in the lockerroom that doesn’t fit well.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Why yes Ott was very happy to do so thanks for asking!

On a serious note I agree. Hamilton’s value certainly isn’t as high as some on here think. Very talented player but seems like something goes on in the lockerroom that doesn’t fit well.

Teams calling inquiring about his availability means he has problems in the Hurricanes lockerroom?

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018

OP’s offer was bad but your counters are equally ridiculous.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Canes really have no negotiating leverage when it comes to dealing Hamilton if they intend to move him so soon after acquiring him.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Canes really have no negotiating leverage when it comes to dealing Hamilton if they intend to move him so soon after acquiring him.

There's zero indication that he's been a problem in Carolina. Them maybe talking about him with other teams doesn't mean all leverage is lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
No one wants Tanev.

There's a post on this board from a Vancouver insider saying that people are interested in Tanev, so clearly someone wants him and Goldobin is 4th in scoring on the Canucks, not the most impressive feat by any means but if you're looking for someone to make offense, he's capable of that

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
There's a post on this board from a Vancouver insider saying that people are interested in Tanev, so clearly someone wants him and Goldobin is 4th in scoring on the Canucks, not the most impressive feat by any means but if you're looking for someone to make offense, he's capable of that

Someone might want Tanev, but that's not Carolina. They're overloaded on RD.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
No one wants Tanev.

tanev is an offensive black hole and is good for about 60 games a year. he is a solid defensive d man but canes don't need that.
Dear God....do poeple watch Tanev or hockey in general if they think he's "scraps and nobody wants him". Please dont post if you dont have a clue about the topic.

Reactions: hittes petr sykora

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada

What's wrong with Nedeljkovic? I was under the impression that he was developing into a good AHL starter with the Checkers and well on his way to getting a shot at NHL duty in the not so distant future?

As for your listed prices, Hamilton is underperforming in a big way - there's little chance Boeser, Horvat or Petersson are part of any realistic discussion in a trade from Benning.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Canes traded Hanifin and Lindholm for Hamilton (and Ferland and Fox), they ain't trading him away for, pardon my English, garbage pieces.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00