PTO: [VAN] Alex Chiasson signs PTO with the Canucks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I think he could actually get a contract from the Canucks, especially with Motte/Sutter out. We don’t have a stable 4th line

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
He's a solid 4th liner and big body presence on the PP. Also pretty good with playing with high end skill guys and is responsible in his own end. The big problem with him is his skating has become absolutely horrible (used to be average).

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He's a solid 4th liner and big body presence on the PP. Also pretty good with playing with high end skill guys and is responsible in his own end. The big problem with him is his skating has become absolutely horrible (used to be average).
He was absolutely horrendous at transitioning at even strength last season. Couldn't settle pucks, couldn't move the puck fluidly and rarely created space for himself. If he wasn't net front on that top unit, there was no sense in him dressing.

Teams kind of clued into that slot play that paid dividends for him early on.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
He's a decent 4th liner that can play in front of the net on the powerplay and does have some skill. If you need depth he's not a bad guy to sign at a low salary.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Not very good but better than the other Canucks 4th liners so should make the team, especially with a few injuries already.

Dr Awesome

Yak in the city
Sep 24, 2008
British Columbia
Decent 4th liner his value to the Canucks will be net front presence on the power play. If he earns a contract and it’s league minimum you will like the deal

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
He’s a solid 4th liner. Just don’t expect more as Edmonton did. Stapled him to the powerplay and he missed soo many prime opportunities

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
He's a decent 4th liner that can play in front of the net on the powerplay and does have some skill. If you need depth he's not a bad guy to sign at a low salary.
I don’t understand where this notion comes from? I’ve watched every Oiler game for every season he’s been an Oiler. At some points he’s been good net front, but he whiffs on way to many perfect set ups. If he was so good net front they’d have given him another contract. Outside of his first season where everything he shot was going in he’s been just an average 4th line guy who gets gifted top PP minutes with 2 of the best players in the world.

He played on the leagues top power player getting gifted plays, there’s a reason Edmonton didn’t keep him around, and it wasn’t money or that they didn’t have room for another 4th liner.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I mean it's worth it to push the others but we dont even have money to sign the 2 divas
Because you can only carry 23 players, so you can send guys down to the A and if they make under $1.075 mill or something like that then you take no cap hit keeping them in the A if they are in a one way deal.

pto also doesn’t mean that the Canucks will offer him a contract.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
People think he's here for when Motte is out but if he performs well, I think he earns the 4th line RW position and replaces MacEwen. Canucks currently have highmore to take place of Motte.

a 4th line of Motte-Sutter-Chiasson would be a good trio, each player has some level of offensive skill that can chip in once in a while.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He's very good on a net-front role on the PP. He's not a great even strength player

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
People think he's here for when Motte is out but if he performs well, I think he earns the 4th line RW position and replaces MacEwen. Canucks currently have highmore to take place of Motte.

a 4th line of Motte-Sutter-Chiasson would be a good trio, each player has some level of offensive skill that can chip in once in a while.

The team is soft enough, do not want chiasson over McEwen

Reactions: Jannik Hansen

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Oh........ no one's posted the gif yet...... okay guess I'll do my civic duty

Iae8x6I.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad