Value of: Kristian Vesalainen, HIFK

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Just saw where former first-round pick has 10 goals in 17 games.

Is he doing anything differently or is this more a reflection of the competition level in Liiga?

Is he someone worth pursuing as a FA for an NHL club?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
It's the Pakarinen-Lehterä-Vesalainen line as a whole that is clicking. If you want to try and replicate his individual contribution in the NHL then you'll have to give him a place in the top six, no one's going to go for that.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
IFK top line is scoring like crazy. I think it's an anomaly. Maybe the talent in the league is diluted now that there are more teams than before. At this moment after 19 games Lehterä is on a pace for 108 points, Pakarinen for 82 points (69 goals! wtf!) and Vesalainen for 79 points. It will be interesting to see how many points they end up getting but I doubt they'll get that high. Could still end up being one of the highest scoring seasons ever.

Maybe some team wants to take a chance on Vesalainen after checking out his stats and remembering that he's a former 1st rounder. I imagine that he at least gets a two-way contract type of deal offered to him though I don't know if he takes it. More likely he goes to Switzerland after this season I think. Usually when European players return to Europe after trying to break into the NHL, they rarely go back.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I think Luke Martin is the most likely to take that deal, not the next Brian Rafalski but he has much more than just ECHL stardom in him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad