Proposal: Value of JT Miller after this Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
It's kind of hard to predict what his value will be 8 months from now...

He could be coming off a 20 goal, 60 point season, or a 35 goal, 85 point season

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Based on our needs a RHD DD with top 4 upside and a top end prospect or high draft pick

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
If I am Calgary I would pay for that versatility in the lineup. Kylington + a 2nd.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Based on our needs a RHD DD with top 4 upside and a top end prospect or high draft pick

For the Avalanche, I’d offer one of D prospects Helleson/Barron and MacDonald LHD. I’d characterize MacDonald as serviceable in the right circumstances. Anyway, both prospects project I think as top 4 but they’re not yet ready for prime time. But you’d get either of them cost controlled and 19 for Barron, 20 for Helleson IIRC. So age wise that grows with your core.

The catch is, I’d make you take Compher and his $3.5M cap hit for one year IIRC. And like a 3rd round pick coming back to Sakic.

That’d be a trade for this season though.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
The Canuck’s biggest need is a physical shutdown RD who isn’t old, as multiple posters including OP said.

Yes, you're right about the need...but not at Trouba's contract...that deal is horrendous.

Canucks cant take on that contract unless if New York wants Myers as well.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019
For the Avalanche, I’d offer one of D prospects Helleson/Barron and MacDonald LHD. I’d characterize MacDonald as serviceable in the right circumstances. Anyway, both prospects project I think as top 4 but they’re not yet ready for prime time. But you’d get either of them cost controlled and 19 for Barron, 20 for Helleson IIRC. So age wise that grows with your core.

The catch is, I’d make you take Compher and his $3.5M cap hit for one year IIRC. And like a 3rd round pick coming back to Sakic.

You aren’t getting JT Miller for pocket change.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010

So you want a PPG forward with some term left on a low cap hit for a B level prospect, and you want the Canucks to throw in a 3rd round pick and take back a cap dump? Really not seeing the appeal for the Canucks here.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
So you want a PPG forward with some term left on a low cap hit for a B level prospect, and you want the Canucks to throw in a 3rd round pick and take back a cap dump? Really not seeing the appeal for the Canucks here.

Fair enough. I undervalued it from the Canucks side. Put too much emphasis on the prospects.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
As a rental, he would garner a 1st and 2nd pick plus a blue chip prospect at minimum.
I doubt it. That's more than any recent pending UFA... Even ones better than Miller. Hell, people are speculating Hertl WITH an extension would get that at most. No chance a rental and worse player gets that.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Fair enough. I undervalued it from the Canucks side. Put too much emphasis on the prospects.

Think more Samuel Girard level value.

Canucks absolutely need a RD anyway. Left d is locked for yrs to come with Hughes, OEL and Rathbone.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
The Canuck’s biggest need is a physical shutdown RD who isn’t old, as multiple posters including OP said.
Canucks cant fit another 10 million dollar D man unless you take Myers in the trade. Even then am not sure they can fit his cap hit.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I doubt it. That's more than any recent pending UFA... Even ones better than Miller. Hell, people are speculating Hertl WITH an extension would get that at most. No chance a rental and worse player gets that.
You would be surprised what he will get if he is traded on deadline. A versatile top 6 player who is rugged, never injured, can play C or wing and score goals in playoffs while playing a heavy hitting game. Plus wins lots of faceoffs and can play on the top PP unit. His contract is very good too. Tofolli who had lower value than Miller before going to Canucks in a down season garnered a 2nd pick, 4th pick and Madden which was one of our top prospect. You have to assume Miller will get more than that if he has another 70 point season and Miller plays a more valuable position than Toffoli. A low 1st, 2nd and a blue chip prospect will be the ask from benning especially since he gave a 1st that was not top 5 protected when he traded for him and his value has gone up from that point on.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
I would like to see JT Miller go to Colorado, I think he could help that team get over the hump in the playoffs. Would have to start with 1 or Newhook or Jost as we are thin at C. I would have included Timmins but he got dealt to Arizona, so unsure if they have another decent RHD young D that is available?

I would take Kadri back as a $ move, would then try to flip him at the deadline or if he has fit well maybe offer him an extension if he rejects then move at TDL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad